Battleship Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battleship Review

The acting couldn't have been worse, the first thirty minutes of this movie was so over the top bad you might have considered getting up and leaving... its really just that bad.

However once you fast forward through the first 30 minutes the movie turns into one of the best action movies you've ever seen, with special fx so freaking cool you'd beg for more. They did actually figure out a way to incorporate the game Battleship into the movie, that was funny, they used famous quotes like 'you won't sink my battleship' blah, blah... but overall the board game has little to do with the movie. The movie is somewhat like Transformers meets Avengers. The action in the movie is just as good as either of those movies once you get through and past all the boring stuff.

The special FX are simply awesome but again overall this movie is a C+ but if you could rate the movie in two halves its an F and an A.

If you like special FX heavy movies do yourself a favor ... see this movie simply skip the first 30 minutes of the movie and you'll love the flick!

MIB3 this weekend. Still need to see Dark Shadows!

Avengers is awesome!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I'd wait for Dark Shadows on DVD it was a major let down.

Comment

"Battleship" was one of the most fun experiences I've had at the movies in a while (besides the AWESOME Avengers), but it was for all the wrong reasons. I laughed non stop at how completely awful it was. Yes, the F/X was good, but man the rest of it was hilariously cheesy and very unintentionally funny. Seriously, this could become a midnight favorite ala "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", given the horribly bad dialogue and over the top "pro Navy" mantra. The scene where the old retired Navy guys walking in slow mo down the deck of the ship had me holding my sides from laughing so hard. I will say that the way they included the board game was clever, but this movie absolutely deserved to bomb the way it did. It was very lazy movie making from start to finish.
      http://www.hauntedozarks.com

Comment

Cheer up, larry......................

The metal/comedy band "steel panther" is coming to st. Louis !!!!! They are the ''x-rated poison" go see them, they'll rock your socks off and make you laff !! July 25 at the pageant theatre....... They kick ass !!!!! Seriously great musicians who put on a great show !!!! Have a few laffs !!!!

Comment

Chernobel chronicals (seen it yet?)

It looks creepy !!!!!!! Ha ha !!!!

Comment

Hadn't seen it yet but believe it or not, a lot of it was filmed here in Baton Rouge.

Dwayne
            13th Gate

Comment

Originally posted by john haines View Post
              The metal/comedy band "steel panther" is coming to st. Louis !!!!! They are the ''x-rated poison" go see them, they'll rock your socks off and make you laff !! July 25 at the pageant theatre....... They kick ass !!!!! Seriously great musicians who put on a great show !!!! Have a few laffs !!!!
              What the Hell does this have to do with Battleship??????
              Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

oh, tater....................

sorry about that. just trying to CHEER UP UNCLE LARRY !!!!! I hate to see people get ripped off 8 dollars (AAA discount price for a movie) for a lousy movie with more CGI than harry potter....

check'em out, TATER...... they put on a great show, and I PROMISE, no more off topics !!!! ( you hurt my feelings (KINDA) ) I am one of your BIGGEST FANS !!!!!! toodles !!!!!

Comment

DWAYNE, 13th gate.............

thanks for the info on that. interesting !!!!!! hope it's good !!!!

Comment

I knew the acting would suck I mean whoever cast Riannah should have been fired.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by john haines View Post
                      sorry about that. just trying to CHEER UP UNCLE LARRY !!!!! I hate to see people get ripped off 8 dollars (AAA discount price for a movie) for a lousy movie with more CGI than harry potter....

check'em out, TATER...... they put on a great show, and I PROMISE, no more off topics !!!! ( you hurt my feelings (KINDA) ) I am one of your BIGGEST FANS !!!!!! toodles !!!!!
                      That style of posting made my head hurt, lol.
                      Jared Layman

Comment

jared, you are the king................

of Davison, Michigan.................have fun !!!!

Comment

the acting is much better in.....................

THE CHERNOBLE DIARIES just saw it.... loved it !!!!! creep o rama !!!!!!

Comment

I am having lots of fun, thank you.
                            Jared Layman

Comment

waiting for Prometheus...next week

Prometheus is the movie I really want to see, they say the 3D is the best yet, and was done mostly with large sets and little to some CG , plus it's Ridley's Scott return to scifi (alien, blade runner)....

Comment

Working...
                              X