No announcement yet.

FaceBook advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a fact that ALL events have to market their event to be successful.
    But different factors effect marketing.
    like demographic, location, SES (socioeconomic status of the region), etc...

I think it would be great to list lots of marketing tools and try to examine them.

I actually find talking about facebook pay per click interesting. But I think you are throwing your money away if you think each click should translate into ticket sales. If you think it is simply making an impression. Trying to keep your event in people's minds in your region it may be money well spent.

But what do I need to do if I have a haunt in a rural location or suburb of a smallish town say. a population of 3325 with a per capita income for the town at $24,537. Wikepedia is awesome and provided me this info and so much more about population density, race, sex stats etc. which all affect potential attendance of the event.

Now, there are also 342,815 for the entire Evansville metropolitan area. THIS is our potential market.
    How do we attract more customers from this population?

From my personal Experience, here is what I would do. But I know there is so much more than this. But this is what I would start with.

Print flyers, pull together a couple giant costumes, set up several actors in good quality costuming to protect the giant costumes, distribute flyers and take pictures. The bigger the haunt crew you have the better or bigger impression you make on the crowds.
    and do some guerrilla marketing. It is free yet powerful with the ability to reach as many people as possible with a single interaction
    We would be attending organized events which you have contacted the organizers for you to attend such as being in a parade, sporting event, bierstube.
    AND hitting public events or even night spots bars, or any place where people are in groups such as the west side nut club here is the wikipedia link. Or crusing down the bar strip and going into the bars very quickly but making sure it is ok with the proprietors. It usually is because it brings alot of excitement to the bars.

One event we always do is,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Si..._Fall_Festival
    this festival. It has the attendance of 150,000 over the course of 4 or 5 days.
    Can you imagine having a booth to distribute flyers or even just walking around this event nightly with a couple giant costumes with our logo on their chests, and a couple wrangers in costumes distributing flyers and taking pictures w people.
    I love doing this. It is just so personal and powerful. Doing this type of marketing not only lets you meet new people and they really want to know what else you have. The energy is just awe inspiring.
    This is also where facebook comes into play. Not as much as pay per click kind of advertising. But tagging the pics. I would even be taking the pictures with our camera then asking for their facebook profile name so we can tag them and vice versa. We would just walk up and down the street for hours doing this over and over again.
    I have video of us doing this somewhere. I need to post it.

SO, that is my contribution to my aspect of Haunt Marketing.
    What else is money well spent?
    Last edited by Gore Galore; 06-10-2012, 07:53 AM.
    Kevin R. Alvey
    info at gore-galore.com
    www.gore-galore.com
    www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
    www.youtube.com/goregalore13
    www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Great posts....
      I am more than happy to show you how an affiliate marketer would do it for free....but facebook has made some changes to the biz pages. So I have to go in and explore and my time right now is a bitch for me. We got way more orders for Hazardroom then expected so I got to get those out. Trying not to do a haunt this year but keep getting sweetheart offers. That said its going to take some time to share the methods used by these type of marketers. The Darkseekers I have in my signature actually has nothing to do with facebook ads.. it is mass video marketing.

So just to throw a real quick list up... what is missing?

Free marketing:
      1. Posting pics, teasers , photo ops ( Gore Galores bad ass costumes etc) to the 20 top social media sites.
      2. Returning customers ( Where the real money is made)
      3. Word of mouth
      4. Being visual
      5. Email campaigns
      6. Banner on the side of your barn etc
      7. Haunt locators like Haunt World

Low cost
      1. Coupons (what is the return rate?)/flyers
      2. Parades/events
      3. eTicket sales (Doesn't matter if they show)
      4. Internet video mass marketing
      5. Media night/charity night/ recognition night...police/fire etc.
      6. Website

Medium to high cost
      1. Internet ads
      2. Radio (Can be low cost if done like RJ Productions)
      3. Billboards
      4. Groupons etc
      5. TV
      6. Celebrity appearance

Whats missing from this list?

Comment

1) Specialty vehicles, art cars, hearses, vehicle wraps
        2) Kiosk with videos and fliers at malls and seasonal Halloween store
        3) not just fliers on a table but eye catching artifacts to hold printed materials
        4) Detailed full facades, a destination for a look see even off season
        5) Content provided to any free blog, magazine, news source.
        6) Shared fliers at all surrounding haunted houses
        7) Encourage well developed characters, market thier odd behaviors and beliefs.
        8) 45 to 85 actors encouraged to also (with guidance) hack the planet
        9) T-shirts and props donated for fund raisers and door prizes at any event
        10) Bumper stickers
        11) Free tours on or off season to anyone in the haunt industry, they relate their experience
        12) Sponsoring BMX bicycle and Skateboard events
        13) Realeasing your sound track
        14) Participating in the How to market for make up, actor training and haunt design
        15) Promoting the life style all year round with actors and crew
        16) Cross over into theme construction for lazer tag, paint ball, water park, family entertainment center, even retail shops and trade show booths lead back to desire to see what is at the haunt.
        17) Logo graffiti and lazer projection (in most cases authorized to do so) film clandestine operations.
        18) Maze off season use for other photographers and videos.
        19) Maze off season used as training facility for fire and rescue.
        20) Haunted House adopt a highway program
        21) Props available at party rental stores and costume shops
        22) Offering support to anyone of a like mindset
        23) Actually having developed the haunt events that people talk about in off season.
        24) Small impromptu scares in any big box or grocery store then hand them a card.
        25) Cross overs into independent films and theatrical productions
        26) Movie theater before movie slides.
        27) Core groups and skilled participants having devoted 3 to 5 years in charity haunts and building them up first as much as they will not baulk at. Then launch pro haunts. Building market first on free resources.
        28) Combining good haunts together and building excitement from this.
        29) literally give away older props and equipment rather than pay for storage.
        30) promote the event(s), not yourself.
        31) Non haunter investors tend to promote what ever they are supporting with great resound.
        32) becoming the property owner rather than some scourge that might move away or can be made to go away.
        33) Direct support of Halloween party residential party props, package discount for haunt attendance.
        34) Encourage church youth groups, vans and bus loads for scavenger hunts. Youth pastors can try to keep them from the dark side. Spending untold hours dealing with subjects and speading word of mouth. Real mouths with words coming out. And the catch is they have to actually buy tickets to enter.
        35) Large youth church room theme design of stages and gathering rooms. Set design with a twist.

Basically, rather than be just another advertiser on a roll with 4,000 other advertising hopefulls, really support other people's lives in some small way. It's free and you can still be manic depressive. You don't have to smile or anything like that. Get into the fabric of your community. Buy shit from everyone, if you support their business they will support yours.

36) Even the act of taking away junk or picking up used materials is a small personal conversation about your event.
        37) Any call for actors or set up people even to state run employment bureaus and temporary services is free advertising. The open communication of what is happening now. The elevator style short presentation of a news letter in person, in your town.

It is pretty easy to come up with things to do. The other day I realized my business cards are running kind of low. The period of time it took to go through 1000 cards and how much income I made is on the order of each card being worth $360 each. That is much better than 1 in 5 might care and then 1 in 20 might actually show up and it costs 30 cents each. So I'm really doing a 1200 times gain by being a low life refusing to spend money, yet willing to help anyone if I can.

I have a few business intrests and watch competitors spend $16,000 per year on conventional be somebody advertising and I spend this maybe $5 a year and my willing to help, figure things out the right way, do quality work that what has been done IS the calling card. And every other year, competitors go into bankruptsy to the tune of owing $18,000, go out of business, come back with a new name and presumably more investors that will never see their money back. Over and over. Plus these people go through a different life style than I do of wandering around talking to 20 people before they get one job. I generally get 80% to 95% and some of those are because I don't like the people and have a long list to replace them with. Their leads are not qualified, they are just harvested. By time they find me, they already have educated themselves on what they want.

This attitude happens in ticket sales also. A much slower long tail of customers genuinely being satisfied rather than being a participant in a million dollar launch and wondering if they are some kind of victim of advertising. Good things don't happen in hours without some kind of consequences. Even though the internet has been wide open to anyone th trend is things people are actually responding to are more old school devotion to real services, real journalism, real benefits. Young company founders are looking at what is wrong and declaring it can all be better, so you have to step up the class in any game. Sometimes it takes 20 revisions to get something right. Be prepared to learn.
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Here is the video I was talking about. It is a little dark, but you get the point.

Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Awesome posts and sweet video... Greg are you typing that all or is that voice recognition?

Comment

i just deleted my account from facebook

after 1 year, tired of all the BS. relief !!!!!!!

Comment

Yep, I type everything until there are no letter marks on the keys. Then it looks like, njkghekwbcvghknmnndvsfdyfkmfbhhjd!
                If it was Voice Recognition every other word would be a (elicit deleted). Then I woud have to outsource it to India to get it transcripted into proper academic English.
                Last edited by Greg Chrise; 06-11-2012, 04:37 PM.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
                  Then I would have to outsource it to India to get it transcripted into proper academic English.
                  You know, that's not a bad gig. If there are free tickets and some swag in it, I'm available.

C.

Comment

Working...
                  X