Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locations.

Hello all,

I run a haunted house called The Wilmont Estate, I am looking for a bigger and permanent location for the haunt in order to go pro. What kind of places seem to work? Community Centers, store fronts, empty lots? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by The Wilmont Estate View Post
    Hello all,

I run a haunted house called The Wilmont Estate, I am looking for a bigger and permanent location for the haunt in order to go pro. What kind of places seem to work? Community Centers, store fronts, empty lots? Thanks for your help.
    So, you are currently a home haunter?

C.

Comment

What city and state? Every area is different depending on what you are trying to do.

Comment

Yes, I am currently a home haunter. I have found a possible location. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

Size

How big is your home haunt? Number of scenes, how many loyal workers, etc...
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I have been limited to the number of scenes I could do, because of the space available. We are currently at 8 scenes and this year expanding to 10. If I was in a bigger space I would have close to 20 rooms. I would cast actors for the pro haunt because depending on friends is too risky.

Comment

I have been limited to the number of scenes I could do, because of the space available. We are currently at 8 scenes and this year expanding to 10. If I was in a bigger space I would have close to 20 rooms. I would cast actors for the pro haunt because depending on friends is too risky.
              Okay, wait . . . you want to go pro this season? The 2012 season? 120 days from now?

C.

Comment

No. I should have made that more clear. I want to go pro next year.

Comment

No. I should have made that more clear. I want to go pro next year.
                  Oh good. No worries then. That's a very different story.

Are you trying to do that wall panel jig now to make a few more wall panels for this home-haunt season, or to get a jump on next year?

C.

Comment

I made that jig so that I could have continuity in the walls no matter who is making them. I also did it because it will speed up the production of walls for this year and next. Hopefully, at the location next year we will have enough space to have a workshop on-site. If not my garage will work just fine. Actually, I will have a ton more space, no haunt walls in the way.
                    I think the city should be getting back to me by tomorrow.
                    Last edited by The Wilmont Estate; 07-07-2012, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I made that jig so that I could have continuity in the walls no matter who is making them. I also did it because it will speed up the production of walls for this year and next. Hopefully, at the location next year we will have enough space to have a workshop on-site. If not my garage will work just fine. Actually, I will have a ton more space, no haunt walls in the way.
                      I think the city should be getting back to me by tomorrow. I don't see why they would say not, its a win win. They get free money, and they get to harass me about brining something up to code.
                      That's definitely a rather pragmatic way of looking at things! You'll go far! Btw, on the panels, never use nails. Only use screws. As you have people run into the walls, that can knock nails loose. One person lacerating their skin on a loose nail and you have a lawsuit on your hands. Screws all the way!

C.

Comment

Yeah, I use screws for the walls. One can never be to cautious. It's also always a good idea to go through your haunt before opening and push on the walls and make sure nothing will fall off or the walls don't completely fall down.

Comment

Yeah, I use screws for the walls. One can never be to cautious. It's also always a good idea to go through your haunt before opening and push on the walls and make sure nothing will fall off or the walls don't completely fall down.
                          Well, you're definitely on top of your game. What did you have in mind for a theme and/or backstory?

C.

Comment

I'll be doing a victorian themed haunted house for this year and next. Probably change it up after that. Yeah, in this day and age you have to be aware of all codes and permits you have to have in order to run a haunt. I think that it is harder to get a location, have it safe and be able to sustain that location for a long period of time, than it is to actually build the haunt. People think its simple. A lot more to a haunted house than just scaring people.

Comment

I'll be doing a victorian themed haunted house for this year and next. Probably change it up after that. Yeah, in this day and age you have to be aware of all codes and permits you have to have in order to run a haunt. I think that it is harder to get a location, have it safe and be able to sustain that location for a long period of time, than it is to actually build the haunt. People think its simple. A lot more to a haunted house than just scaring people.
                              Well, so far you're miles ahead of most home haunters. Btw, the only thing that needs doing on the one JB book is matching up the page numbers to the table of contents, which for most of them only jogged a page or two in either direction from how it's listed. Otherwise, it's finished . . . well, save for any major additions which will be coming in about a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                              X