This is HORRIBLE ... Time for a Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike Goff View Post
    Come visit me, I'll have you under 1.5 from concealment in a few hours. A 1911 is the kind of gun you show to your buddies, a Glock is the kind of gun you show to the bad guy.
    Appreciate the offer, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods...

One thing that strikes me when I watch this - my understanding is that it's not a "feature" of any Glock to disengage slide lock upon magazine seating. I know that it happens, that a slide will engage upon slamming a mag, but isn't that an anomaly? Never heard if there's a competition tweak that causes it.

The thing I don't get is that he can't have his left thumb on the slide release because he has to have the slide back to chamber round #2. So he's hovering over the slide release until he seats the mag, left thumbing the release then trigger pull. I was able to pause enough to see that he is staying on trigger during the exchange, be great if they showed whether he got both shots on paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Goff View Post
      Come visit me, I'll have you under 1.5 from concealment in a few hours. A 1911 is the kind of gun you show to your buddies, a Glock is the kind of gun you show to the bad guy.
      Glock 23 .40 S&W with crimson trace. Sorry Mike....sorry to disapoint you with the crimson trace.

Wicked farmer

Comment

• Originally posted by Twin Locusts View Post
        Appreciate the offer, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods...

One thing that strikes me when I watch this - my understanding is that it's not a "feature" of any Glock to disengage slide lock upon magazine seating. I know that it happens, that a slide will engage upon slamming a mag, but isn't that an anomaly? Never heard if there's a competition tweak that causes it.

The thing I don't get is that he can't have his left thumb on the slide release because he has to have the slide back to chamber round #2. So he's hovering over the slide release until he seats the mag, left thumbing the release then trigger pull. I was able to pause enough to see that he is staying on trigger during the exchange, be great if they showed whether he got both shots on paper.
        Ok, I gave a piss poor example of a slide lock reload. All of the other videos on the page were like 3 minutes long. This guy has many problems that cost him time, and I know damn well he did not hit the target. He didn't even obtain sight picture.

I will send you a PM of what he should have done and why. I usually charge 50 bucks an hour for this, and I'm sure the anti-gun crowd is not interested.
        www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

• Originally posted by wickedfarmer View Post
          Glock 23 .40 S&W with crimson trace. Sorry Mike....sorry to disapoint you with the crimson trace.

Wicked farmer
          At least it's a Glock, good caliber too
          www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

• Look at Prohibition

Larry, look back in history. Prohibition was put into place because Alcohol was blamed for crime. What happened? Prohibition had the opposite effect. It backfired. Crime sky rocketed, and corruption was rampant. People still got alcohol through speak eases or home stills. Gun control will have no effect on crime whatsoever, other than increase corruption and crime just as prohibition did.

Think of it this way. How many criminals do you know of that would use their own personal (and registered) gun in a crime? I know I certainly wouldn't. Much easier to buy a gun on the black market (they are readily available, and outlawing guns will make this a very lucrative market).

I wonder what the outcome would have been had the staff at the school been armed?

BTW: read the statistics. Most of these shooting sprees occur in areas with tight gun controls. Criminals know people will be defenseless.
            Travis "Big T" Russell
            President
            Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

Comment

• Good news

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8694

Common sense may be prevailing, even our attorney general is calling for CHL in the classroom. The man that is writing the lesson plan for this 3 day class is the gentleman that I mentioned earlier. Former swat commander, and advocate for training teachers.
              www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

• Some one on the radio said..

"Even a trained Policeman can forget something, leave a gun exposed, ex cetra, why would a school teacher be any better at keeping a gun locked up, in just their control?
                Breaking into a school is a fairly common thing isn't it? Maybe it should be worked on so that it isn't common nor easy before guns live there.
                This is not an easy problem to begin to solve.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                  "Even a trained Policeman can forget something, leave a gun exposed, ex cetra, why would a school teacher be any better at keeping a gun locked up, in just their control?
                  Breaking into a school is a fairly common thing isn't it? Maybe it should be worked on so that it isn't common nor easy before guns live there.
                  This is not an easy problem to begin to solve.
                  You are absolutely right Jim. People are human. I would first like to bust the myth that policemen are the standard by which all firearm compentancy is measured. I teach cops, I teach civillians, and I have taught military, on a side note I'm waiting to hear back from TDI, but it looks like I will be teaching in this pilot program. First off most cops are terrible shots. Most practice once a year right before they qualify and that's it. Their hit to shots fired ratio is horrendous. The personallity trait that causes most of them to become police officers is usually the very thing that prevents them from becoming accurate with a handgun. Most cops are very authoritarian, some would say control freak, but you get the idea. In order to be an expert marksman, you have to give up control to be in control. A tight grip will cause you to miss the target. They constantly jerk the trigger, and then will argue with you about it. I like to set there gun up for a malfunction and record them with my phone. I then show them the video of them jerking the trigger so hard that their entire arm moves. They still argue about it.

As far as compentancy goes, many, NOT all, become complacent, and burnt out. I can't say that I blame them for this. I believe that you would be surprised at how effective we are at teaching students the importance of safe gun habits and accountability. We have videos that are so sad, they make people cry, and then we engrain in them that it can be avoided.

Ultimately the alternative is to leave our schools as mass murder welcome centers. You bring up valid points that we will address passionately, and dilligently. I am volunteering my time on this project, for me it's personal, my daughter is in one of those mass murder welcome centers. Each teacher I train will have my number and have access to private lessons and or discussions anytime they want. It is my mission to bring everyone that I can to a level of profficency that will rival the best that the tactical community has to offer.
                  Last edited by Mike Goff; 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM.
                  www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

• Yes so True!

A 95 yr. old man who was a Policeman told me how he removed a bullet, had the rookie shoot, of course nothing happened ballistically but he jerked his arm way up in the air, and that was why he couldn't ever hit the target! (He was blaming the gun!)
                    Story 2: A local Farmer as a teenager was shooting the 1911 Army 45, cal, pistol, his cousin wanted to shoot it, said he knew what he was doing.. he pulled the trigger , it fired, the recoil brought the pistol back beside his head, he fired a second time via reflex the bullet went straight up but the second shot deafened the guy, perminently in that one, near, ear.
                    Sorry to "report" but late tonight on Facebook some idiot made a video from the Tv broadcast of Dr, Parker, parent who lost his little girl , is now being called "An Actor" as they critique his "performance", it was all faked !
                    Amazing isn't it? I will bet the same people who faked 9-11 and World War Two did this.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X