No announcement yet.

Oak Island's Claustrophobia Product Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the volume of displacement will be much smaller -- so maybe a air compressor will work. The trick will be to design a good way to deliver that air blast to all 50 spikes without making something complicated. I may have to only do a line of 6 spikes on each side so the available compressed air will do the trick.

Oh...and if I use white silk and hook up an AC light trigger, the spikes can light up red when they activate.
    Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
    True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

wow

I went to the Edge Of Hell last weekend and they have something like this and my girlfriend's daughter about passed out. But she up and ready afterwards to go into the beast. But in all this a great item.

Comment

Our guests have been loving the Claustrophobia! Even with all of our time spent on creating very detailed and elaborate sets, they are still raving mostly about the claustrophobia and the blackout area following it! We deflate the bags periodically and spray them down with Lysol. So far we haven't had too much trouble with bottlenecking, but we have an actor who does an outstanding job of motivating the guests through and a uniformed security person right outside to step in when necessary and make a presence. The most common response to Claustrophobia has been, "That was awesome!" We're really glad we invested in this Oak Island product! It's also made for a great new buzz and hype and an excellent press and media interview topic. You can allude to a lot without giving too much away. This is one of those scares that you can really hype up and let people's anticipation and imagination do the rest!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We have one and even without a actor there they seem to go through and I haven't heard anything bad about it. I have even heard customers coming out saying that it was cool. No real bottleneck problems because we put the fans on switches that can be controlled by our control room. Of course I like the Rip stop cloth and it has been tested and the bags come off with a couple screws for repair. I find its a great dead space killer.
          5 years in the business and still ticking
          Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
          USSN

Comment

We have one at our haunt. I agree they are a good use in a hard to fill space. We have ours at the end of a black hallway. You go around the corner, and we have a black light with an arrow painted on each side of the wall, with black light paint. We did fear back ups but that has not been the case. We have had ours get ripped twice now. (we opened Sept 20th and operate 5 days a week), but both times we were able to remove the ripped side, repair it and have it up the next day. Both times the wall did remain inflated, even ripped, and both rips were large, (3 foot rips). We chose to deflate the walls to prevent further ripping, but again they were easy to repair. we also have ours with a seperate switch for each wall, in our control room so that the walls can be quickly deflated for bottle neck issues (which have not occured) or for handicap accessability ( which has occured). We use lysol spray disinfectant routinely to help disinfect. We do not have an actor stationed at the begining, and the actor in the next scene will sometimes be near the end but basically we use it as a stand alone prop.
            It is not really a scare, (unless you are clastrophobic) but our customers seem to really have fun going through it.
            We have been very happy with this product.

Comment

SOmeone please post pics of this thing

Comment

I'll have some pics and video up tonight or tomorrow of ours.
                -Brandon Kelm
                Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

As promised. Excuse the quality. We had just shut down and there was still a little fog in the air. Not to mention, we don't have much in the way of house lights in that particular area. The flash lit it up ok, but the video's could have been better. I'll try to get some better quality shots and video up, when it's daylight.

Video of bags inflating

Video of blower (nothing exciting...)
                  Attached Files
                  -Brandon Kelm
                  Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X