HAA Oscares Awards Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAA Oscares Awards Audio

Here is the entire audio from the Haunted Attraction Association Oscares Awards 2013.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Hummm

Is there any video? don't sound like there was over 20 or 30 people there tops. I wish and would have loved this to see this work but it's DOA. I think we just need a Haunted House Country Club because this is just not working sadly it's not doing anything. No new members, no new staff or new officers, no updated website nothing. It's nothing aginst the ones in it just for things to grow and move there has to be new faces and new life in it! It's the same old same old.. Shane and it's wish them the best but I think it's over!
    Last edited by graystone; 03-17-2013, 03:22 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

If I had to guess, I would say there were maybe 100 people-120. I could be way off though. It was a pretty big ballroom and I wasn't really counting. It was the first awards ceremony I had been too and I think it was pretty well done to be honest.
      Spooky Wishes
      Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

All Takes Time

Taking times to do these events and pull them off takes alot I know trust me. Like I say I wish them luck but just don't see it moving it's been at a stand still for way to long. Shane and it's good luck either way!
        sigpic

Comment

In all the years past they charged people a lot of money to attend this event this year however they made it 110% free. So anyone could walk in and see what was going on... bottom line this group is totally and utterly USELESS! Their awards are a total joke they give them to people in my opinion to get people to join. They give out these awards to different people every year hoping to get their support. Their website hasn't been updated in years, they do nothing that I can see other than just before the show they try to remind everyone they are still around. They have the same president every single year... you can go on and on. Suggestion is to ignore this group and merely let them fade into nothing, let them give awards and try to gain support that has already passed them by. Dont 'give them your money, your support, nothing and let them lay around and be nothing more than a name only that actually benefits this industry. The less they do, the better off we all are in the long run... my opinions only!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Patrick seems like he's been president longer than Obama he was president of IAHA for years too shouldn't he feel its best to get someone new in there? I could think of 100 guys better suited to be the president of a haunt association than him.

DA

Comment

My Thought

I have nothing aginst him. But he should step aside and allow some new fresh faces, new ideas and people to try to revive it. Not sure it can even be done but in order for things to be new you have to start out new. He should say it's time for a new direction it's time for change and I want to be the first to show my support by asking our members to look with in our group for new ideas and guidance. Shane and it's just my opinion....
              sigpic

Comment

I will try to say this nicely.

Associations tend to take on the direction of the leader.

Lets say FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUEMENT it has (or will have) a good leader.

But a year or two down the road a poor leader is sure to come. So we just built up an association so a person who craves power will step in and do what they want?

History shows that in MOST cases good leaders shy away from these roles because they are THANKLESS and a TIMEDRAIN. So often we have people seeking to rule who WANT POWER OR FAME and or think they know what to do when it is often not the case. Our history is full of association leaders who lacked experience, and/or did WHATEVER they wanted to, because the membership and often the boards were too busy or disinterested to control them.

So based ON HISTORY and not to cast any stones at past or current boards (There have been MANY amazing leaders and board members who worked endlessly for the greater good) let us say I object to the SYSTEM. It favors those who COVET to gain power because everyone else is just so darned busy.

THUS I no longer support them. I place my trust in PEOPLE - HAUNTERS, VENDORS and BUSINESSES that are stable. You can build up a relationship with a Vendor, or a Tradeshow for example because they are STABLE. But an Association can change its face and direction 100% in the blink of an eye - and can bite the hands that fed it in a heartbeat.

Be thankful the current Association doesn't seem to do much - just wait until someone gets in control who wants to "take on" the fire marshall or kick some bigger hornets nest.

Things are in a peace now that we have not known for a decade. Let it sleep - Let it fade - It only brings trouble.

Thanks
                Ben Armstrong
                NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                www.Fearworld.com
                www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
                X