Anybody getting nervous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody getting nervous?

Heard from another haunt that their prop was scheduled for 2 months ago (transworld order) and no prop yet and can't ever get through on phone...tried some 30 times the other day they say. I have a flying monkey from same company scheduled Aug. Not a word Tick tock....tick tock...

Wicked Farmer

Mind if I ask which company?

Comment

There is only one company that I know that makes flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by horrorman666 View Post
        There is only one company that I know that makes flying monkeys.
        And that would be?

Comment

Im making a pitch to my town

Im trying to wright the pitch and as the days till October 1st rolls around Im getting more nervous.

Comment

Big company

it is NOT...repeat NOT Gore galore, posion, or Distortions. (Funny as you see Distortions on their reality show with problems popping up....but the customer service has always been absolutely amazing after the sale and after shipping even when a problem was not caused by them). lets just say it is a company that is ripped on here quite a bit for welds and so on. Though I have never had a problem with any of their props...even the HUGE ones people love to gawk at when at transworld and even find myself telling people who have problems with their props to find out what lubrication means. I am outside and used their stuff for many years without a problem. Of course I also use tractors that are 40 years old too and maintain them.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Billed my credit card

Found out opening credit card bill they billed last part of balance to my credit card on Aug. 8th. Does that mean it is done???? Cant ever get through to someone via email or phone this last month. And I am never called back. Do I just show up in Columbus Ohio and say I'm here to pick it up. And just hope it ws finished and sitting in a corner. Have heard rumblings there will a very well known haunt sitting outsie darkzone basically ready to tell everyone not to do business with them AND WHY. What they tell me has happened to them going on 2 years now makes my current problem small.

Tired of calling 614 -252-8000 and getting nobody at Scarefactory.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

If no contact made by Sat. credit card company will refund me

I hate dropping bombs here but damn I have had enough. Credit card dispute dept. will cancel this if no cntact to me made by Sat. Done screwing around. If anyone knows Dave personally tell him.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Be careful. Contact doesn't mean much to that con artist, he'll contact you and tell you everything you wanna hear and then won't do anything about it. You are wasting your breath speaking to him. But if you really want to try to contact him, use his cell: (614) 565-3590

Comment

left message on his cell

So we will see. Harvest starts next week; why we scheduled pick up in Aug. And some prop makers are reading this and smirking. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE...AND SO DO I. Yeah you K.A. and A.J.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Credit issued

Chase has issued credit to my account. Sad day. Believe it or not; as it sounds unbelievable; but my first experience with Scarefactory was amazing. Back 8 years ago we were a growing haunt with 4 years under our belt we subcontracted out the haunting and we concentrated on the corn maze. It was early Aug. many years ago when our subcontractor broke contract. Found this cool company on the internet called Scarefactory and called them. GOT THROUGH in Aug. to them. Odered Slayer on the Pediment, a couple pop up animatronics and the Tombstone Reaper. Drove down a few days later with the tandem axle grain truck and picked them up. Nothing to it. Have had Scissor Searpent, and other pieces as well over the years.

Been more than once on here they have been gang piled on by haunters complaining about break downs and I defended them saying I have not had problems...and I do maintance and lubrication to the pieces that should be done.

Just a shame they have such a nice display every year...and now I will just walk on by.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

bad press

Since not so good news can tend to cast bad shadows on others; and new haunts are reading this forum; I feel it is necesary to state that there are some fantastic prop makers out there who keep on top of all ends of their business like customer service. Poision Props, Night Frights (Ghost Bust & mirrior), and Distortions have been top notch all the way around every year I work with them. And Gore Galore's posting that they were stopping taking orders to avoid the above problem did not go unoticed.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Glad you got the credit!

I have always been impressed with their booth at TW, and have always put some of their props on my "Wish" list, but after all the complaints and seeing how they handle these complaints, looks like I will be spending my hard earned money else where.

Thanks for the details on this, as you have saved others from the same aggravation!

Comment

That is what this forum is for...sharing experiences

I have said this elsewhere on here before but will say it again. The customer service runs the full spectrum in haunt industry. As poor as one is another is beyond impressive. I had a prop from Distortions that had a problem (WAS NOT THEIR FAULT - Controller they use and get from another haunt company had put in wrong size fuse) But even though it was not their part that had problem they had correct fuse in my hand less than 24 hours later! You read that correct...not their fault but they still had part from 3rd company air shipped to me in less than 24 hours. hasn't missed a beat since. John Deere who I buy $160,000 combines and $100,000 tractors from cant even come close to a haunt company like Distortions for service. If you see Distortions show "Making Monsters" and it looks like chaos all the time ....remember you are watching a tv. show where chaos is what people want to see. Their service ROCKS!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Yea your right on the Customer Service thing. I have meet Ed from Distortions a few time and he is a straight-up cool cat and would never be worried about any purchase from them.

Being a farmboy myself, I know all about John Deere and I would say that sometimes you do get what you pay for, but there is not excuse for the customer service to be that way at SF or any where for that matter. Someday, fewer customers will take a bite out of the wallet if it hasn't already.

Good luck with the haunt this year!

PB

Comment

Working...
                              X