Thursday or Sunday for a discount night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday or Sunday for a discount night

I wanted to get an opinion from a few people who probably know more than me. I'm wanting to have a "family night" at my haunt this year and it will be a discounted night and a little tamed down for the audience. Which night do you think would work best for this? Thursday or Sunday. I personally believe Sunday is the way to go, my partner believes otherwise. And on that note we will be closed either of the nights that we won't be open, so if family night is on Thursday we will be closed for all the Sundays. Just wanted to get some expert opinions or suggestions

Thanks

It's a toss up, Thursday and Sunday sales have been pretty equal week by week. But why waste those nights on a family night?? For a couple years when I first started, I've always went out of my way to do a family night, it was never worth it, and that's a similar consensus. Why not offer the regular haunt on a thurs and make it colle night? And for an hour before your actors start to arrive offer family friendly lights on tours. This way the service is still
    Offered, but you can still get SOMETHING out of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by screamforadream View Post
      It's a toss up, Thursday and Sunday sales have been pretty equal week by week. But why waste those nights on a family night?? For a couple years when I first started, I've always went out of my way to do a family night, it was never worth it, and that's a similar consensus. Why not offer the regular haunt on a thurs and make it colle night? And for an hour before your actors start to arrive offer family friendly lights on tours. This way the service is still
      Offered, but you can still get SOMETHING out of the night.
      I don't know why I didn't think of having a "happy hour" type deal. That might have solved my problem. But I only say that I wasn't a family night because of the community we are in, it's a very Christian, church going type and I thought offering that may help us look better in their eyes so we can have better support

Thanks

Comment

Exactly

That is exactly what we are planning this year; Family hours earlier in the evening and then full haunt later on. Gives actors more time to get ready, and allows a little extra income with fewer actors needed during a time when it may be tough for them to get there right after day jobs or whatever.
        -Eric
        Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
        HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

thanks a lot

thanks a lot for the insight

Comment

Then There are the Liars & Idiots

"12.00!? Last time I was here two years ago you were only charging $7.00!"
            "No we have been at $12.00 for these last 5 years, and the 4 years before "12" we were at $10.00 for 3 years."

"You have a haunted house?"
            "Yes I do."
            "I would like to rent the entire house for a whole night."
            "Which night would you be interested in renting it for?"
            'October 31st."
            "Sorry, I can't do that." (Because closing the house for a private party on that night would have really upset WAY too many customers and potential customers some of which might foster a gruge and keep it.... for.....ever!
            "Can we leave our dog in your first room as we go through the rest of the house?"
            "Sorry our insurance doesn't allow us to do that, especially if the dog seems crazy-mean or violent, like your taller dog you dressed in women's clothing for Halloween."
            "That is not my "Dog!" This is my Wife!"
            "All that I can say is, she's a real fooler.. can she fetch? I would think only a much smaller woman could scratch behind her ear with her back foot like that. Look at her Go! Those fleas don't stand much of a chance!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X