Pro Voice Changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Voice Changer

Anyone know of a good one. Looking to record sounds for props.

Thanks

I'll tell you what I'd like is something actors can strap to themselves with a mic headset that is really really loud ... we use to have something like that and it works great.

Anyone sell those? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Personal Amp

This is a product I've asked about a few times over the years. The product I remember was called CHATTERBOX it was a portable loud amp that also had a voice changer as part of it. I remember Distortions using this product when they first displayed the Controller Chair, the actor had a microphone that was hooked over their ear and rested beside their mouth and later with the Witch Doctors Revenge. The retail price was roughly $1200.00 if I remember correctly. If anyone has info, I think we all would be interested.

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
      Owner Tombstone Productions

Comment

Done some research and asked a LOT of questions and the bottom line is there isn't a great voice changer out there that works without intense modulation and filtering in a studio type setup. There are a few that make big claims, but they don't really work like you might hope. It is actually a very difficult thing to do.

I guess it comes down to what kind of quality or variety you expect.

As for actor worn amps and play back units- well there are several- none of which I have tried- until this year! (Haven't received it yet, but I bought it at the show)

So Gore Galore has had the Scream Cube for quite a while- looks like it works like it should but pretty pricey. http://www.gore-galore.com/scream_cube.php

And the one I bought- still pricey, but has some extra features I really like- VFX Minion. http://www.vfxcreates.com/products/m.../#.U0ykY1fIucw

And then a load of stuff off ebay from $30 to $300-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anchor-Audio...item27d1ebb767

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMPLIVOX-SOU...item4ad0b1e879

http://www.ebay.com/itm/QFX-CS-80US-...item5af5dc3be2

I know you originally asked about voice changers for recording, but I think the best results will be by using a quality sound editor to modify your voice recordings (not going to be easy, either) and program them onto one of the above for playback.
        How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Comment

I appreciate this thread.

The chatterbox is made my a mascot company not Distortions. Sorry I can't tell you what company.

The VFX minion, I don't know much about except what I have seen and heard at the tradeshow, but good guys for sure. However I can'r really or want to judge the product. THat is not my place since I have a competing product.

However,
          I have spent SOOOO much time and effort developing the scream cube over the years that now we have the MOST dependable and also the loudest canned (pre-programmed) audio system the industry has to offer. either 2 button to control up to 16 files, or 9 button for scripted performances. Yes, it is pricey but that is what you pay for quality. We all know it is a fact.
          AND we are currently working on an upgrade to the scream cube that will allow you to simply plug into the scream cube and use it like an amplifier. We shall see how this works out. It has been over a year working on this.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Surprising -

I find it surprising that there are really no portable voice changers out there - I remember at least 12 years ago one of the local costume shops had a HUGE grim reaper costume that had a portable voice changer in it and it was both LOUD, and sounded good - You adjusted the pitch of the voice from a deep evil sounding voice all the way up to sounding like a little girl....and it was very effective, and was pretty small compared to the tech from that long ago amp wise. I just can't believe that if it worked that well that long ago that no one has the technology to make a better portable version now days - I know there is a demand for them so its just weird that they don't exist.

Who's going to step up and make them

Comment

Working...
            X