Charge backs -online tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charge backs -online tickets

What % of online tickets do you see as charge backs? Do you get a lot of them. One or two a year...a dozen...50? Trying to get a read on how common the problem is of people who contact their credit card and say "I didn't authorize this" etc.

Wicked Farmer

$3000 last year

Got a private message/email from a haunter who doesnt mind sharing info just not identity. Said in 2011 they had $1200 on 120,000 CC charge backs. In 2013 they had $3000 chargebacks on $150,000.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

Was that including fee's?
      Tim Moore
      info at ominoushaunt.com
      www.ominoushaunt.com
      www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
      www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Comment

?

Not sure...believe it was.

Comment

I have had *knock on wood* zero. Mind you, we are primarily cash and did maybe all of $25-30k in credit sales....but it is a concern. I also use square, and require a signature on ALL sales. For people "of question" we also tend to ask for ID before swiping. Also, with Square my fees are down to 1.2% per swipe. Sooo highly recommended. Also, if anyone used square before their info is automatically saved per card, so a large chunk of swipes are saved so people are pretty familiar with it, which usually translates to a safer transaction for the house.

Comment

Correction -

This was nothing to do with conveyance or CC fees.
            Strictly gross CC sales and fraudulent or disputed (we lost the disputes) transactions. - Got this from haunter who is mentioned contacting me above. Strictly gross sales.

Comment

That is disheartening. After reading some sites that have posted articles on ways to minimize charge backs I would say the number one thing to cause charge backs would be an unrecognizable name on the customers statement.

"Your credit card descriptor is the name that shows up on your customers’ credit card bills or online statements. One of the biggest reasons merchants experience chargebacks is because their customers simply don’t recognize the charge. If you’ve branded your website something other than your legal name, use the name that appears on your website as your credit card descriptor. Even if you list your legal name in the footer of your website, chances are, your customers won’t read it or remember the name by the time the charge pops up on their statement a few days later."

reference site http://www.braintreepayments.com/blo...ce-chargebacks

From personal experience if I see a charge I do not recognize it immediately sends up a red flag.
              Tim Moore
              info at ominoushaunt.com
              www.ominoushaunt.com
              www.facebook.com/OminousHaunt
              www.twitter.com/OminousHaunt

Comment

Working...
              X