Bug Spitter / Air prop - Need suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug Spitter / Air prop - Need suggestions

Sorry for the post in two sections - Doesn't look like the tech sections gets many views

So we are creating a hallway with all kinds of creepy crawlies for a new side haunt. I had an idea of using several air lines on both sides of the hallway to bombard the guests with tiny blasts of air - I could have sworn i saw a setup like this somewhere else but now I can't find it.

I am looking for a way to attach the 1/4 inch tubing to holes in the wall - My first thought were small push on flange style fitting, but they don't seem to exist - My next idea was to use standard threaded push on male fittings, the kind that screw into pneumatic cylinders, push the thread through the wall from the back then screw a nut on the front side of the wall to secure it....down side it I would need to find 10mm "Extra Fine Thread" nuts, which I can order but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas that may work better for this idea - the set up needs to be removable or I would just epoxy them in.

I have used pipe flanges in the past. Screw a male push to connect fitting into them, then attach flange to the backside if the wall. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405452966.722914.jpg
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

That was my original thought but we were using 1/4 tubing and couldn't find any flanges that size - Guess I could always up the tube size if needed.

Comment

I just made 2 sets for fear factory. They were 40ft long.

cut a groove in the wall about 2ft up and down the entire length. ran the airline down the groove. and we used T Push fittings every 2ft. Then took a 2 inch flat molding strip put holes in it for the hose and your done.

stew

Comment

They have 1/4 npt flanges at Grainger, they do not at home improvement stores in my area, if you go that way.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help!!

Comment

Working...
            X