Escape Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape Room?

Anyone on this group considering adding an escape room to their haunt? I saw this post in Facebook and I’ve been reading about it. My crew is trying to convince me to try it during our HorrorDays event in late December. I’ll let you know what we decide. We’re considering setting up a third attraction based on this concept. Has anyone here tried this before? Thoughts?

http://freekanomics.com/haunted-house-escape-rooms/

Kelly Collins
    The ScareAtorium Columbus

The Escape Thing

Will be way too time consuming and complex for a large numger of people who will refuse to participate even when their friends might be doing it. I tried Murder Mysterys here for quite a few years and it didn't take much to go wrong to make the whole thing very pointless mostly because I would be asking "Adults" to "Play",and this concept was delegated to their Grade School days or some other negative memory place.
    I think Henry Ford 1 was quoted "Thinking must be the hardest work there is, because so few wish to do it."
    Yes, our younger population loves puzzles of the mind and far-out thoughts, but then, they would have to leave the comfortof their own homes, travel, and then Think! Maybe even inter-act!
    Scavenger type hunts is easier to play when it is just visual recognition of symbols and putting that information on a chart or card..
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We are updating our website right now and we'll be selling escape rooms we've been asked about this a lot especially in Europe. The issue is how much money can you actually make with them. Clearly we know the thru put is going to be SLOW!

I think its something haunt owners can do easy enough. Most of the escape rooms I've seen are not done well and maybe that is because they don't generate a lot of money so you don't invest a lot of money.

More needs to be learned for sure.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Escape room worked great!

We operated our Escape from RIP’s Boxcar during our HorrorDays event at the ScareAtorium. It worked really well. About 20% of our customers purchased a ticket for the Boxcar. We couldn’t have handled many more as we didn’t allocate enough queue line space. Guests were waiting 10 – 20 minutes to enter the Boxcar. We set it up with a 3 minute time limit to solve the clues and escape. Only 10% of our guests were able to escape in time. We had a pizza sponsor (Donato’s) donate a free large pizza for each group that escaped in time. Some groups purchased tickets a second time just so they could solve the clues and get a free pizza.

We’re making plans now to build a second Boxcar and possibly another much larger Escape room attraction for October. Something all haunt operators should consider. Our guests really enjoyed the escape room challenge and I think it’s something we can grow to help generate additional income!

Glad to see that Larry is on board with this concept and offering a service to design and build the Escape Rooms. Also spoke with Willie Mays from California who is building them too. We have several "gamers" on our crew who assisted with the planning, design and construction of our escape room. We set it up at the exit from our Funhouse and used a circus clown boxcar design. Fun stuff!!!

Kelly Collins
        The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

In a few weeks I'm going to visit some Escape Rooms in a couple nearby cities to see what it's all about. Once I get a better understanding of what and the how we'll decide if we will build our own. GZ

Comment

Is there a good website to help you find escape games?

Comment

Does anyone know of a website to find some of the better tricks to build your own escape games? Troy

Comment

Working...
              X