No announcement yet.

NEW IDEA for Hauntworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good points. It has to go back to the purpose. If your building your SEO, I guess you spend hours building original content. If you're building a readership or following, you just need interesting content and a lot of it.

Look right here. It appears there aren't as many posts as usual. Without new content, how often do you frequent the message boards? Fewer posts,less content equals less traffic, simple.

So we make a decision, do we build a site for Google or for our followers? Google may get you more followers, but it not your only source. Your local reputation; coupons, ads, billboards and other media even word of mouth drives local traffic to your site. And they buy tickets!

So I need to keep them engaged in my site for ELEVEN MONTHS that I'm not operating. They visit, scour the site, check back in a week or two.... same content...see you in Oct. IF I remember. New content? Maybe I check back in another week or two!

I'm definitely NOT glossing over the importance of SEO .It too will bring new traffic to your site. My point it, what do we do to KEEP them once they have visited?
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

The problem with using a single source is that somebody -like Larry with Hauntworld- could easily monetize and privatize it if desired. Look at haunt groups on Facebook (Like Haunters Hangout) or websites like the Haunted Attraction Network....where content is free (except the physical copy of the magazine) and in plenty.

The website I started (which I sold but am still creating content for) is an example...HauntDesignKit.com...the education center is completely free and FULL of haunter content and downloadable material. I'd rather have a dozen sites than a central hub any day. -Tyler
      http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
      >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

Comment

Working...
      X