Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you added new to your HH this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you added new to your HH this season?

What room, ideas have you added to your Haunted house this season?

We added 3 minute escape rooms and we charge $5 per person for each room. About 40 - 50% of our customers are buying tickets for the escape rooms. We have donated prizes for those who are successful in solving the clues to escape (about 30% are solving the clues). It's working really well, I wish I had a third escape room on busier nights as the queue line can get pretty long. We can put up to 5 people in at a time. I have one actor for each escape room and another actor who loads the groups into the rooms (she was already collecting UV glasses as they exit the funhouse, now she also collects their tickets and sends them into the escape rooms).

It's working really well and something haunt owners should consider adding next year. The escape rooms paid for themselves the first night of operation and the labor is covered after the second group of the night. Location of the escape rooms is important as is space for a queue line and prizes for escaping.

Hope everyone is having a great season,

Kelly Collins
    The ScareAtorium Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Do you have a video of a 3 minute escape room? Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We play a video on a tv in both rooms. The video provides clues and scares with sound effects as a distraction. It also has a countdown clock so they are always aware of how much time they have. I'm not releasing our video as we don't want people to see what we are doing inside the room as the challenge. Even when the news media is out, we don't let them tape the inside of our rooms.

We are planning to open the haunt during MHC next year (Friday, June 10) and will open the escape rooms for haunters to try. I've also been asked to present a class at Transworld next year about the 3 minute escape rooms. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but something I'm considering. I taught the class at MHC this year to a packed classroom.

Kelly Collins
        The ScareAtorium Columbus

Comment

Working...
        X