Transworld vendors warning!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transworld vendors warning!!!!

TRANSWORLD VENDORS WARNING!!!! **********DO NOT USE YRC FREIGHT!!!!!! *********
    I (Poison Props) was ripped off last year for my freight leaving Transworld. I was re-weighed and didn't know it until I got the bill for quadruple what I was originally quoted. I had no way to prove what the crate weighed because we had already unloaded it when it came back to the shop. Frankly I was better off having HERITAGE take my crate back to the warehouse for $300 and book my own freight home from there. Be careful YRC does not care about their costumers. Believe it or not it was cheaper for me to ship 6 giant crates to the show then what YRC charged my coming back with just one crate. Thanks, Adam Johnston Poison Props
    sigpic
    PEACE, ADAM
    www.poisonprops.com

I have ANOTHER WARNING to BUYERS... Transworld is CLAMPING DOWN BIG TIME!

NO ONE is allowed to wear costumes on the show floor meaning NO BUYERS or people coming to the show can dress up anymore. Vendors who have people wearing costumes must stay in their own booths.

Lastly year a lot of people sneaked into the show that won't happen anymore... they hired a TON OF SECURITY! They also have bar codes now, people have to show IDS to get new badges from vendors. In other words if a vendor doesn't have you listed as a vendor you can't get one.

Last year I had a ton of actors from my place getting badges for my booth you can't do that anymore.

Everyone is going to pay to get into the show, and they are cracking down MAJOR LEAGUE this year!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

It's about time. Vendors spend a lot of time and money to go to this show to make a living off sales generated. And it is painfully frustrating to have potential actual sales walk on by because your booth is full of looky-loos.

Comment

I'd say 80% of the people there are there to look. It's become a scene, a party hangout. Transworld calls it a professional show but it's dominated by home Haunters and enthusiasts.

Allan

Comment

I'm "going pro" this year, but I've gone the last 3 years as a home haunter.
          Every year, I've spent at least $1,000 on merchandise. $3,000 last year.
          Small potatoes compared to most, I know, but it's still revenue for the vendors.
          If I'm truly interested in a product, I'll wait out the crowds at a booth to buy the product.
          Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
          http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

I agree with Abunai. Homehaunters may be small potatos but they still provide revenue. I may only be ably to buy one silicone mask this year and maybe some dvds but that is still a sale in the black column for vendors. Every penny counts. Regardless the lookyloos still pay the entry fee and that contributes to the convention continuing to occur year after year which in turn provides a place for vendors to sell stuff. Its a cycle with a necessity of lookyloos and buyers. I'm just CRAZY EXCITED I finally get to attend this year! Cant wait to finally see St. Louis.
            Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

OLD Dominion did the same

Old Dominion quoted me one price so I picked them, they picked up and then charged me the following day. Thought all was good, then they called me almost a week later telling me that I owed them another $503 or they weren't going to deliver. They charged me over $800 to ship form Central Florida to Atlanta for a 6 foot pallet that weighed about 300 pounds. I was going to just have them bring back my pallet but they had already shipped it to Atlanta then told me pay up or else.
              I am a truck broker by day, I could have hired a full 48 foot truck to deliver it myself for about $1000 for the whole truck!!!
              Joe Phillips
              The Shallow Grave
              Winter Haven FL
              http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

Same shenaigans

I posted this on forums before.
                http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...hipping+haunts

Shipping charges between haunts. The games before shipping and them the later email many days after shipment has arrived and all crating destroyed "hey it was heavier than said"...though weighing prop and wood did not come anywhere close to their weight.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I can tell you there are a lot of very upset people about all these new rules but honestly this is for the best. People can go to MHC and have a great time. Honestly when you walk the show with all the people in costume you don't know who is actually with a vendor or what. Also the show started to become a party show and it really needs to be about the business at hand not 80% of the people not buying a thing tying up vendors time.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I just hope the new rules don't affect the Blood Lust ladies from walking the show floor.

Comment

Working...
                    X