Question about width of claustrophobic hallways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about width of claustrophobic hallways

One of our haunt scenes this season includes a winding claustrophobic hallway. We have never done one of these before and are wondering if there is an ideal width for the hallways? We realize the hallways need to be narrow enough to create the effect and make the guests feel trapped but making it too narrow creates a safety concern and eliminates access for a large size person. Any advice or comments? Thanks
    Jon
    Terror Trail
    Sebring, Florida

Most places I see put them just barely touching once inflated, personally I say you can go up to 12 inches away inflated and still get the effect, and that makes it easier for disabled people to get through. I still recommend a bypass for wheel chairs ect. Go to your manufacture and they should be able to tell you what size they are inflated. Most of the ease of getting through is adjustable though, just turn the fan to a lower setting. Also if needed you can offer other outlets for the air, either take a screw or 2 out, or drill holes in the backing wall.

I personally don't like full size claustrophobic. Anything that rubs against your face is just asking for health problems. It doesn't matter how much you clean it unless you can clean it in between each person you run the risk of someone getting sick. Whenever I have to go through one I use my arms to keep it off my face, and wash my hands as soon as I am out.

As for cleaning I have used the cheap disposable wipes and leave one side inflated then clean, deflate then inflate the other-side and repeat. But as always check with the manufacture for what they recommend for cleaning.

Comment

4 feet wide halls. The bags are 2 feet when expanded. Put them together and BOOM!!!

Comment

Also just keep it straight. Once people go through them they dont know where they are. Will save the headache of turns. Not worth it.

Comment

Working...
        X