My newest Creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newest Creation

Well what do you guys think? This is my very first time making a prop out of monster mud. I'm only 22 so I got many years ahead of me to get better.
    ~I call it the nightmare tree~

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1119058
    ~Bill Mlinac
    The Deadland Haunted House
    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

I couldn't see it .
    Maybe it's "Me"? Cameros and skaters??
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Great prop, but honestly, it needs more branches, also, it helps a lot to give that creepy illusion when you make a twisted tree, you can achieve that with cloth, just twist it around the trunk and give it as much wrinkles as you can. To give the bark illusion use a small pointy tool (whatever you find) it mustn't be sharp, just carve vertical stripes on it, do this in the final drying stages of the drying of the monster mud, which I assume must be very much like plaster, so any carving must leave a nice rough effect. If you want you can also use a fork, a big one, then you can carve several stripes at once.
      http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

I like it, it looks really good. Maybe just add some bark detail, but heck it looks cool like that. Now just add some creepy lighting! Have you got more prop pictures of other props you have done?
        Jared Layman

Comment

Yeah I'm in the process of making a new zombie. Pics to come soon! I think next time I make a tree, I will use cloth. I'm not really happy with the one I got now. I know the more I do this, the more I'll learn and the better I'll get.
          ~Bill Mlinac
          The Deadland Haunted House
          www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
          www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Great start

I would take the next step and paint it. So much more detail can be achieved thru painting techniques. Also, you can get nice texture from frayed burlap soaked in mud as well. There really is no wrong way to use monster mud. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Motograter View Post
              Yeah I'm in the process of making a new zombie. Pics to come soon! I think next time I make a tree, I will use cloth. I'm not really happy with the one I got now. I know the more I do this, the more I'll learn and the better I'll get.

Good desition. If I may say something, use burlap. Once you fixed it in place with wrinkles and all with staples and hot glue you can cover it with flour paste so it hardens. It won't harden enough to be used in the haunt already, but it will make easier to apply the plaster or monster mud.
              http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

Working...
              X