Zip Line Harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip Line Harness

Hello all... We are creating a Zip Line for one of our actors... The cable, bolts, and all pulleys are already up on the tress and in working condition... A friend of mine had a tactical vest from the army so we tied rope through it and to the pulley and he went flying.... The only problem was. " he kept spinning around in circles" Which isn’t good when he will be holding a chainsaw....My questions to you guys are...Does anyone know where I can find some sort of harness, or some sort of seat or anything else that can be used in place of this vest? I need something that hooks to the pulley in front of the guy zipping.... obviously to prevent him from spinning... Something like he is sitting down while zipping..... SUGGESTIONS?
    Chamber of Chills
    2 Story Haunted House

Look at Mcmaster Carr Online, check out the wide selection of safety harnesses'

Matt
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Getting a real harness sounds like the way to go. Remember: What goes "UP" will come "Down".
      Prematurely descending is not what you want.
      "Happy Landings!"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Well if your talkin about Safety harnasses you can not go wrong with a 5 point harness. That is the Safest Harness there is you cannot go anyhigher.
        5 years in the business and still ticking
        Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
        USSN

Comment

LOL TACT VEST, Jim as always you said it best, what goes up will come down, Haunt, dont skimp on the safety issue with this scare, find and use the correct harness for this scare or Dont do it.
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

What is the URL for that website?? I would like to check it out.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Speaking of Safety, I'm still stuck on the holding a chainsaw while suspended in the air. I wouldn't recommend having the actor hold any real object while suspended. Too easy to have it drop or go flying, even if it's tethered to him.
              Chainsaws like to live on the ground.

Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Chainsaw Charlie View Post
                Speaking of Safety, I'm still stuck on the holding a chainsaw while suspended in the air. I wouldn't recommend having the actor hold any real object while suspended. Too easy to have it drop or go flying, even if it's tethered to him.
                Chainsaws like to live on the ground.

Charlie
                I'm going to go ahead and respectfully disagree with you on that one.
                We've got a scene in one of the haunts at the place I work that involves overhead chainsaw action and it's one of the best and most reliable scares we have.
                Safety harness + work gloves + chainsaw prop with grip on it = no problems so far and we've been doing that scene for the past few years.

Comment

A thick real leather strap tied to the chainsaw and looped around the wrist might help any possible "Dropsie" problems.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

no problems so far Being the phrase here, Always remember it only takes one time to ruin the moment, and perhaps the Haunt.
                    Sounds like a great scare, and as the industry grows we all need to step up our scares and sets and shows, I just hope everyone keeps Safety first and foremost in mind, when designing these type of great scares. seems to me that Fatigue would play a large part in the safety issue of this scare, even arnold would get tired of swinging a chainsaw while dangling from a line after a few hours, no wait he would have his Stunt man do that.
                    Im not dogging on this idea, but be careful, because ultimately everything that happens in every haunt reflects on the industry one way or another. Who would have thought that a few years back a Rock and roll band having a fire in a concert would ultimately require most haunts to have a overly expensive Fire repressant system installed in them. It all reflects. Have fun , be safe!
                    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Of course u could always give the chain saw its own zip line about 4 ft higher than the actor and the actor hisown zip line and put the saw on a strong bungie so that when the actor lets go it goes up in the air about a foot highter than the actor. what do you think.
                      5 years in the business and still ticking
                      Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
                      USSN

Comment

"What happens in one haunt reflects upon all the rest."
                        Tonight a woman was complaining that she didn't see our "Butcher Room" anymore, "You know, the room with all the blood splattered all over the walls."

I have had this house 20 years. I have NEVER had such a room here.
                        But she sure remembered one being here somehow?

Then last night a girl asked my one employee why he was never gotten in trouble for sexual harassment?
                        She was the one wearing the short, tight mini-skirt(No he hadn't said anything to her).
                        She asked this just minutes before her boyfriend decided to "Moon" everyone with his "Pressed Ham" up against the large plexiglass window in the Tank room!?
                        There were 10 year old kids in the group.
                        He is an "Adult" by most definitions, at least.
                        Maybe I am severely spoiled from being open all year long but these types of things never happen the rest of the year, just in October.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X