PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!! (I'm begging)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE!!! (I'm begging)

Not a pro film maker by any stretch of the imagination, but I have fun. I recently submitted my short "The Drifter" in a horror short contest for Chiller TV. I thought it was going to be reviewed by actual critics, but I was wrong. It turned out to be nothing but a popularity contest which puts me at a huge disadvantage. Only 3 people were involved in making the film which means only three sets of friends and family will go and vote for it.

I am begging you to at least check it out. If you hate it, vote 1 skull and leave a crappy comment. If you like it, vote 5 skulls and leave a good comment, but at least check it out. It's only about 6 minutes long.

You can view it here:

http://www.chillertv.com/Dare_To_Dir...ry/31534.shtml

Check out the other vids while you're there. A lot of good undiscovered talent out there.

Anyone else submit a flick for this? I'd love to see your work!
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

I do know how much time and work that it is to make a video like yours.
    But..I didn't see anything "New" or really unexpected in it.
    "Entertainment"usually has to surprise us, at least a little bit , somehow?
    I know, everything has already been done, telling a story back to front, front to back, camera angles, ex cetra and there are still a ton of close-ups, lighting effects, random choices that can sometimes turn out very interesting as to what is allowed to go on infront of the recording camera lense.
    Too much time spent showing us the rural, pastoral setting but then, maybe the cows had money in your project?
    It is a personal "hell" when the "Mr. Purse-strings" calls all the director's decisions!
    "Mooove, that camera over there, show us my good wife Bossy again! Moo!"

My computer screen is naturally showing me a darker look and it can't be adjusted any lighter, so take my critique into account on this area for what it's worth. I might have missed something watching it, I sure can be wrong, I freely admit it.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just voted, good luck man! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Voted but it wouldn't let me comment. Good job on your first movie.

Comment

I also voted. Good luck to ya! I'll get all my volunteers to vote for you as well.
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Jim, I appreciate the honest critique. I have been told that the intro was too long. I fought with it, but there were a lot of interesting things that I happened upon while filming that I couldn't leave out. The 'flock' (?) of wild turkeys for one. I have lived in the area most of my life and have never seen so many in one place. And you're right when you say everything has been done. I was going for -unique- in my choice of music, but most else was pretty run of the mill country slasher. I wanted to involve a posession of some kind to get effects points, but what can you do in under 8 minutes?
            To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

Comment

I just voted, I had no idea that you were running for president.lol.jk. good luck!
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I bet you did not record 5 1/2 hours of film and them only use 8 minutes of it.
                The Comedy Central show "Travel Sick" filmed for 5 1/2 hours here and used maybe 2 1/2 minutes of it!? (and they are supposed to be professionals and know what they are doing!)
                The only good part was when I scared the show's host a few times and they left them in the program. They had to "Bleep" his audio-reactions.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X