Is 6 too many

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 6 too many

We have been operating by running a maximum of 6 through at a time. whenever we receive a negetative comment it's with those larger groups. Is 6 too many to run at one time?

We run a maximum of 5 at a time. Alot depends on the size of your house and rooms. Also how amny customers you are seeing. At our location putting more than 5 people in at a time would ruin the scare for some of the group.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

For any of the walk through haunts I've been a part of 6 is just right. 8 is too many, 3 is too few.

Comment

We run groups of 6 or less through at a time. If there is a group of say, 7, we make them split up into 4 and 3 or 5 and 2, etc. 6 has always been the magic number for us.
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

We go with six as well. NO EXCEPTIONS. Well if its parents with kids we will let them but usually six with no exceptions.

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

We are running six as well.

Comment

We run 5 at a time.

I love it when groups of 6 come I just tell them they can go, 3 and 3, 4 and 2 or one at a time.

Most of the time they ask why such small groups, I then tell them it's easier to pick them off. Then they start up the ramp and I turn and say ... "Oh by the way ... last in line gets eaten first". It's a blast to watch them scramble to get in front!
              ~HauntedWebby~
              www.lazarusmaze.com
              www.bbqandghosts.com
              "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Hmmm...I think that a maximum size should be 6 but when it's a group of friends then they should go together (as long as its 6 or less). But if, lets say, the group of friends is 4, then don't add 2 more people. Let those 4 go, then let the 2 go. It should only matter if it's a single person (and how often are those?).

Groups aren't a problems, it's just catching up to other groups which sucks.

Comment

"Size" does matter. I take only a max of 12 to 15 in at a time, the determining factor is physical size since three NFL linemen would also fill that same room.
                  (Joke)
                  Being able to see and hear everything is important here, scaring them is a choice thing as I am doing the whole tour most of the time except in October.
                  My scare-stations are set up so I can pick and choose who gets this treatment, I spread it around.
                  I manually open and close a drawbridge to allow them into the house , Doing this one act for merely six customers is harder than I want to work.
                  Touring 6 through here is somewhat easier than doing 15 but not easy enough that I want to repeat myself for the benefit of every just six bodies.
                  Lazy Jim....
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ya but Jim you are the one entertaining in every room. So of course it makes sense you want bigger groups so you don't have to do it over and over and over.
                    ~HauntedWebby~
                    www.lazarusmaze.com
                    www.bbqandghosts.com
                    "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

I once had a tour that had 43 bodies in it, no problem.
                      They were all mostly very short, youngsters and with every three little kids there was one teenager incharge of them, and they did a real good job of controlling those kids, which made it all happen, a very unique situation that happened to work out very well.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X