No announcement yet.

How Did you get started?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too got started with the Jaycees. It was back in 1990, when my parents joined the Jaycees and I was only 8 and we learned about the haunted house. In the years before that, I had always asked my mom what those trailers with scary things painted on them were and she never would tell me. Then a year or so later, I was actually inside it, helping paint and learning how to scare.

The first year I worked outside, next to the exit, because I was too scared to work inside, but as the years progressed, I got more and more brave. I started working in the front of the first trailer, then further inside and further inside until I was completely comfortable working inside. Through the years, I've learned what works and what doesn't and this whole "haunting" thing has taken a stronghold on me. I've worked at 5 different Jaycee haunted houses, 1 for-profit haunyed house in MI and since I moved, this year is my 3rd season at this haunted house I'm at now. My parents have lost their passion for running and working haunts, but my passion for working them has kept going. :twisted:

Comment

Darn it! I am still waiting to "Learn Something" in haunting!?
      Open almost every night for 20 years, still waiting.
      Maybe I'm like a Doctor, Lawyer or Dentist? I'm just "Practising", since I don't seem to actually know anything?
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Aside from haunts in my basement, and a few at church... JAYCEES were my tooth cutting drug of choice.

I was asked by a teacher who was dating a Jaycee in Johnson City, TN, if I'd like to work with them. I was a sophomore in High school.

She drove me down there and it was 3 night before opening night and in likely Jaycee fashion they weren't half done. I then worked for them a 2nd year, and then a different chapter in my home town of Bristol.

I then worked for a Knoxville suburb chapter, the Powell Jaycees, for 2 years during college. After College I contimued to work back with the Bristol Jaycees for several years. You learn alot when you have NO money to spend.

KroneDaddy
        Hauntus Emeritus
        Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
        Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Working...
        X