Girl Dies Inside Haunted House After Fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Dies Inside Haunted House After Fall

A girl died in a haunted house in the state of Kansas. Not many details have been released but apparently the girl died after falling to the ground.

http://www.kauz.com/news/local/10871356.html

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

This is a sad story. I wish that it was more detailed then it is, but maybe more will be released as time moves on. She was at a young age to just die like she did. I saw that she was a firefighter as well, a true hero. Mayby she had a cardiac problem, but who knows maybe we will never know.

Brian

Comment

My local news station here in Texas ran an article about trick or treat safety and then ran video and a story showing the tower of terror sign and ambulances bringing out the girl who died at the hospital from her injuries. Apparently they have a rock climbing wall inside a tall shelter that would normally have a harness and guide rope that carries you if you can't hang onto the wall, just like it would for safety anywhere such as any festival or cruise ship where these walls are routinely used for entertainment. This harness or cable system did not support her and she fell.

It was a very short segment but of course ran at 6 PM Saturday just as people would be getting ready to go to a haunted house. I looked on all the news feeds and could not find a video or posted story until this mention.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A "Haunted House" can be alot of things, venues, designs, but putting a sign on a rock climbing tower doesn't make it one in my mind.
        Hang a sign on my 1986 Nissan pickup truck saying "New Ferrarri" doesn't make it a new Ferrarri!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This is not good for the industry, but presently our thoughts and prayers should be with the girl and her family.
          Brett Hays, Director
          Fear Fair
          www.fearfair.com

Comment

Our hearts can only go out to the family. It is a sad time when simple daily activities can end a life, but all in all, God is always looking out for the family in the end.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
            http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
            "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
            http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Sounds like it had a very limited connection to a haunted house..basically some halloween decorations in a rock climbing gym:

http://www.timesrecordnews.com/news/...ll-from-tower/
              Brett Hays, Director
              Fear Fair
              www.fearfair.com

Comment

This is definitely heart wrenching. Thoughts and prayers to this young lady's family and friends.
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

It is sad!

What do they do at this place, scare you off the wall? Was she wearing all the safety equipment?

Do they do the haunt in a different section of the building?
                  ~HauntedWebby~
                  www.lazarusmaze.com
                  www.bbqandghosts.com
                  "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

This is very sad and unfortunate! I wish there were more details too. Was this like a side attraction? Or was she an actor coming off of this wall? Or does everyone go up this thing to go through the haunt? It sounds to me like it was a side attraction. I actually considered renting one of these about 3yrs ago and decided against it. And then afterward at a minor league baseball game the same outfit I was gonna rent this from had it set up and someone fell to there death on this thing. I think they should be banned! The guy had it done up with duct tape! The thing was a deathtrap! It didnt look like this when I saw it. But the owner of it got manslaughter for it!
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
                    X