how to make this room!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make this room!?

next year for the 2008 haunting season i am going to make a mental prison cell room with excaped convicts. i know that i need a strobe in that room, i have a strobe which i can change the color filters but i cannot choose which one, green or plain white.. i may use this chainlink that i am going to buy..and make some cages for the actors and some of their cells..it is going to be very loud indeed because of the convicts screaming and all that..but how/what is your opinion on this?
    have you done something similar? if so what did you do?
    ttyl

Troy

here is my email adress: violinistwoes@hotmail.com

Fess-up! You really don't want a screaming , crazed convict room, you just need a place for your relatives and their therapy sessions!
    Charge them a rental fee for the room AND (of course) sell tickets to the public and you have it made!
    hahahahah!
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

i take great offense to that..but i have to say that should be for one of my friends she is really acting like a snooty escaped convict at that!!
      lmao to jim warfield..that was a great way to burn somebody (like me)
      have you made this room yourself?
      any responses are welcome..

Troy
      here is my email: violinistwoes@hotmail.com

p.s. do the new people always get picked on or is it just me? lol..
      p.s.s. that was a great comeback jim!

Comment

I meant no real harm or insult to you or yours, I do hope that you know that. I know absolutely nothing about you , so how could it be an insult?
        For all I know you were raised by a pack of wild dandelions in the footlesshills of the Mary-see-dotes mountain disarrangement.
        Right next to the top secret ufo summer camp...hidden in my left ear.

I do try to give worthy advice if I know something of which is asked even though the same questions get regularly asked here which probably keeps some of the others from responding. (Even though they know the answer too!)
        Of course there are sometimes more than one right answer or more than one successful way of accomplishing something.

As far as being involved with nutty relatives.....once an ex of mine had her two siblings at the round table and they all were saying pretty nasty, aggressive things about one another, back and forth it went on and on, so much repeating!
        I finally began writing down the points agreed upon then whipping the paper out when they would begin to re-hash stuff already decided.....they didn't like this, they Wanted to keep rehashing re-insulting each other..I was wrong then!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Rusty

Take the chain link, hose it down with acetone, and leave it outside for a few months. Then put it up, it will look so beautiful.

Freddie

Comment

We've made the room as a padded cell using the big rolls of insulation used for metal building kits. fsten it to the walls using button caps and paint them white too.

Comment

Muratic Acid will remove galvenising and rust and skin and mucus membranes from your nose (you do need these)
              Use Muratic outdoors only, have lots of buckets of water available for spills and the fumes from it will put a thin coating of rust on any tools nearby, but it is cheap to buy and eats right through alot of clothing too, along with sewage in a clogged pipe, it has quite an appetite! BE CAREFULL With such things!
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yes everyone gets picked on by Jimmy. He really means no harm, and sometimes he even makes you laugh so hard it's impossible to breath.

We have insane convicts. We have 3 cages, so we call them (internally) the 3 stooges.

You don't have to have strobes. You can just have a empty cage with the bars bent to look like someone was very angry and escaped.

I also wouldn't use chain link. Actors/people can be cut by it. Build wood cubes and use metal pipes (1/4" dia) to make the bars. If you have someone skinny enough they can just slip out.
                ~HauntedWebby~
                www.lazarusmaze.com
                www.bbqandghosts.com
                "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

I made a "Steel Bar" gate using 1/2 steel conduit held together by drilling holes through it and sliding threaded rods with nuts and washers screwed together to make everything tight. I also cut little pieces of the conduit to be the "bar" spacers between the upright pieces.
                  I wanted a very light, yet durable gate and this worked very well. I put some foam rubber ends into the open conduit bars and used some liquid latex to smooth over those soft "points" so nobody would get pronged.
                  The advantage of this lightweight construction is that nobody gets clobberd by a quickly swung gate since it weighs almost nothing compared to a solid steel bar gate. (I was thinking about the top of someone's foot getting the abuse from the bar.)
                  Muratic acid removed the galvenising for the paint to stick, it got painted black.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

forget the actors i have three boys that are just what you are looking for. no take back they are on the plain so make sure you pick them up. they will fit right in with your idea dont wory about food as they will keep you rat free, and dont wory about adding that since of smell to capture your customers attention they will take care of that to, 0h and dont wory about cloths i will make sure they arive with close fite for a zombie.

so DEAL or NO DEAL?
                    The Care Taker
                    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                    X