Where can i get really good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i get really good...

I need really good makeup for my actors next year and i mean really good.
    I would like to have makeup for my actors like netherworld actors but yet i dont want to copy them because that would be definetly wrong. Does anybody know where i can get great makeup like what netherworld or other great haunted houses have?
    If so can you give me some websites that i can visit? Need answers.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you much!!:-D
    Troy

violinistwoes@hotmail.com

www.fxfaces.com

The only resource you need.

Comment

www.wolfefx.com

I love their stuff!!!! That is if you want just make-up.
      Last edited by HauntedWebby; 11-09-2007, 06:18 PM.
      ~HauntedWebby~
      www.lazarusmaze.com
      www.bbqandghosts.com
      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

can you use these more than once? i need to use them for at least two nights.

Comment

I can send you some make up juice that creates absolutely Hideous faces!
          It lasts and lasts at least two weeks, won't wash off!
          The poison ivy that grows around here really does the job for Zombie boils and oozing open things that drip yellow stuff!
          My wife was test-wearing alot of this at the end of the summer, it really works!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Scream Team - www.screamteam.com
            Bill Rod.
            Dark Tech Effects
            Automated DMX Lighting
            Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Originally posted by homiehaunt View Post
              can you use these more than once? i need to use them for at least two nights.

If you are talking about fxfaces prosthetics the answer is yes. Depending on how careful you are you should easily get multiple uses out of any one. Some are thinner and more fragile (if you have questions about a specific one ask -- I might well have used it).

Fxfaces is my preferred choice because their service is FAR better than screamteam, their prices are reasonable, and their product is better able to stand up to heavy and repetetive use. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Comment

Homie dont forget to check out our line of appliances and prothestics as well............ as mentioned above, you can get multiple uses out of a foam or slip piece, just have to use proper care when removing and storing them, one of the guys in our circle, has worn one of his 16 times, hes going to Frame it! another subject to think about as well when using prothestics is adhesives, stay away from spirit gum........ Use Prosaide www.BodyBagging.com
                Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

I agree with bodybag, Stay away from spirit gum adhesive. Prosaide is a muck better product and you will much happier.
                  Ken
                  www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

If you like the Netherworld stuff so much why don't you just call them and see what they do? I mean buying the makeup is one thing, but being able to apply it correctly is a whole other beast. I know those guys usually open up at an off time of the year. See if you can go over there and observe what their makeup artists do. I really doubt they are going to say no, what reason do they have? Those are some really nice guys. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery right?

Freddie

Comment

That "Imitation" thing might be true if you are not in the same market or if someone isn't thinking about the perks of being singled out by a national news source.
                      Any viable real usable knowledge is usually the product of many hours of thinking, spending and experimenting all going toward the goal of being better and more successful, which means it wasn't "Free".
                      It never hurts to ask just keep these things in mind when asking, be real nice about it.
                      "Og, where do you find those beautiful apples everyday?"
                      "So you would like to rob MY TREE?"
                      "I really just want the worms in the apples."
                      hahahahaah!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Even if they are in the same market I really doubt Netherworld is going to look upon them as competition. And furthermore what is competition really? We have two haunts in particular in our area that are on the same level as us. We're great friends with them. We've had several people that have worked, and I mean helped to build, for both of them. This aspect of true business like competition between haunts seems to be something that pops up at the low to mid level. Trust me, once you are top of your game, you aren't really scared of much, and Netherworld is up there.

Give them a call, be nice and polite, tell them they are the shit, and you want to be like them. Ego's can be an amazing thing.

Freddie

Comment

This is kind of a big question, any of the links provided will work. I would also suggest;

http://www.fxwarehouse.info/

http://www.fxsupply.com/

There are more than a few threads here on makeup, airbrush makeup, and the like. You could also PM several of the people here on makeup tips, though unless you are into doing makeup its not an easy thing to be good at... and like anything else the better you get the more cool stuff from other people you see... Paul Osborne's Haunted Illusions book has a great makeup tip in its forward. As a makeup artist I think its one of the best "no makeup artist" suggestions I have read. In addition to that tip, its a great book if you own a haunt.....

Good luck, despite what some reviewers think I still believe makeup and acting is what makes a show....
                          http://www.innerfears.com/
                          http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                          X