Top Stupidest things said in a hauned house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by virgil
    (overheard after a patron had an 'accident')

question "Do you have a bathroom?"

answer: "From the smell of things you're wearing it".
    we had one of those last year... thankfully it was LAST group of the night. The smell FILLED the building took almost 30 mins before we could go shut stuff off to close.
    http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
    Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
    When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
    If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

There are some "Human skunks", "BOO! = "Booper!"
      A boy being a human skunk here was finally told by his sister, "If you don't stop doing that, you will be walking back home."
      Because it was only a seven mile ride in the car, she might have kept good on her promise!
      Butt then chronic uncontrolled pharterz can easilly hide while working in a haunted house! Blame gets reassigned to the passing scared customers!
      Yes, I am speaking from experience!
      It helps if there are more than just a few people in the room.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
        Butt then chronic uncontrolled pharterz can easilly hide while working in a haunted house! Blame gets reassigned to the passing scared customers!
        Yes, I am speaking from experience!
        :roll: I refuse to make comment or admit anything at this time
        http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
        Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
        When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
        If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

We had one actor working our pitch black room last year who happened to have some gas problems. When people were going through his area and commented on the smell, he would announce out of the darkness, "That;s the smell of death!" Needless to say, I'm sure there was a lot of talk about our "Smellorama"! We had used the Sinnister Scents product as a hook promoting our new "Smellorama" factor last year. :lol:

Kel
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

In one of the scenes up at Darkness we have the natural sinister scent going with this actor who just reeks like feet...I don't dare step foot in his scarebox he works in!...even when he's not there it still smells bad in the whole scene...last night I noticed that his smell was starting to leach over the wall (or through it!) into a neighboring scene...he's a hell of a guy, and a good actor, but damn he stinks!...hehehe...maybe we should get some sinister scents just to cover him up!

I need to pull out that issue of Hauntworld with the snappy comebacks so I can use some of them...do you remember what issue that was in Tim?
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I try to please the customers and give them what they want(or almost) two nights ago in a small group one woman (in the dark) said the "S" word, I said, "OK." And responded with a noise of pent-up gas (that I was saving for later)
              I know, I didn't really quite give her what she was asking for , butt changing my clothes would have added alot of unnecesarry time to their tour.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Faupel
                In one of the scenes up at Darkness we have the natural sinister scent going with this actor who just reeks like feet...I don't dare step foot in his scarebox he works in!...even when he's not there it still smells bad in the whole scene...last night I noticed that his smell was starting to leach over the wall (or through it!) into a neighboring scene...he's a hell of a guy, and a good actor, but damn he stinks!...hehehe...maybe we should get some sinister scents just to cover him up!

I need to pull out that issue of Hauntworld with the snappy comebacks so I can use some of them...do you remember what issue that was in Tim?
                We've had a few of those, too. You could smell them a mile away.

I don't recommend using the Sinister Scents to cover up their smell...they just blend together to make it worse. Have you seen the Renuzit commercial that's out right now? "What's worse than your house smelling like fish? Your house smelling like fish AND flowers." Eeeeeew. I suppose in this case it would be FEET and Barnyard Animal. LOL. *gag*
                www.mindseizure.com
                www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

This weekend I had a bunch of coeds come into the front room. They were all hanging all over each other and being really "handsy." I was picking on them about this - saying that did the boyfriend think if he brought his girlfriend down and scared the crap out of her that he would get lucky. The one girlfriend announces "Yeah! Haunted houses make me horny!" (I think Geoff Beck even got this announcment on video).

So I told the girl that I thought we could use that for advertisement purposes "Come on out to Darkwood Manor - it makes girls horny!" I mean what else would drive up attendance like horny girls....

:wink:

Comment

It has always seemed to me that the percentage of female to male patrons is always higher.
                    Maybe the females like the excitement , whereas some guys might be fearful of looking abit less brave or manly if they scream like a little girl infront of everyone.
                    I always thought a radio commercial having a female voice talking about taking her boyfriend to the haunted house would go over pretty well.
                    Have a little "edge" in her voice as if she already knows what the experience is like and she is anticipating her "man's" possible feaerful reactions, sort of like a little test for him?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The smell o rama sounds interesting and possibly necessary but in my location there are more than enough 'natual' smells without me adding to it - swamp/pond, old damp building, burning cigar, earl grey tea .... and the patrons with their cabbage and baked bean diet!

Comment

I had one guy last weekend, as he was in my area say "my shirt got dirty! do i get my money back now???" I was tempted to say "yes..we'll GLADLY reimberce you because you decided to wear your good clothes, knowing full well that it could get dirty or torn before you came in."

Then last night, I had a girl that I scared and after I scared her, she got mad and goes "you're mean!!!". Ok...so correct me if I'm wrong...you pay your money to go to the haunted house to get SCARED, then when we do our job, you get pissed??? That's like getting mad at McDonald's for getting your order RIGHT!!!!!

Comment

Had a few in the past few nights in regard to my contact lenses...
                          "Where did you get your eyes?" (Born with them, same as you)

and

"Are those real?!" (Hmmm, well, let's see here...yes, they are. :shock: )
                          www.mindseizure.com
                          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I get the questions about the contact lenses - patrons will lean in close to me and whisper "where did you get your contact lenses" - like I'm going to break character and tell them! so I typically respond with "stay in here long enough your eyes may look like this"

or

they'll say they want my "cool eyes" and I'll offer to give them my eyes if I can have theirs...

Yesterday, obviously, it was Friday the 13th and I would bring the large groups in before the "pre show" and say "Who can tell me what today is?!" and the first group was great "Friday the 13th!!" they all yelled. The second group comes in (and other groups throughout the night) and when I asked "What's today?!" everyone was quiet as one girl said "ummm....Friday?" LOL

Comment

Hard to believe but actually asked this weekend - "Is anybody in there going to jump out and scare me?" Ummm, no this is just like walking through an art gallery... lol

Comment

In the room I'm in, we chase the customers to a door in the back of the room that leads to the rest of the haunted house. I play a jester, so I integrate a little comedy into my act. Every once in a while, we'll have people stare at the door for like 10 seconds then say "Uh...........do I open it?" Now, if I was in this postion, I would be thinking "Well, the scare actor isn't opening it. And he's not ushering me to another door. So this must be where I need to go." But these people aren't. So I just say "No, you just stare at it for two and a half hours" Then they get all mad and walk through. Other times if they don't say anything at all, I'll say "Because opening a door is such a hard task......." It gets kind of funny.
                                Creepers Haunted House- The creepiest haunted house in the Southeast.

Comment

Working...
                                X