I Definately Made a New "Fan" Last Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Definately Made a New "Fan" Last Night

We had a nice number of customers go through the house, but two young women who had just discovered us via the internet a few hours ago and had driven quite some distance to see this place and after their tour asked if they could come back in and take some pictures of the wine cellar?
    "Sure, there is nobody else beating the door down to get in here."
    As I escourted them around the house I was telling them of some of the silly things that people have done and said here. They really enjoyed hearing about these things, so much so that when they were leaving the one young woman gave me a generou$ tip!
    Then they said they would be returning with some friends again with much enthusiasm!
    I got paid twice for having a really good time, myself!
    Can it get any better than this, I ask you?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

I wouldn't think so...really depends on how much of your wine they drank?
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

There hasn't been any wine down there since probably 1952. that was when a former resident here offered some dandelion wine to the plumber and his high school aged son who were installing the new pink bathroom upstairs.
      siting in the cool 52 degree air of the wine cellar fooled the young man , he didn't realise how the alcohol was affecting him until he stood up!
      Ocassionally there will be some "Whine" in the wine cellar, you know how some people are.....
      Some customers inquire about there being some beer in that room?
      I tell them that there is some beer here, in special internal storage, but that they probably would not want to put their lips on the dispenser!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

priceless! LOL
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

LoL! Only you could come up with that comment JIM! LOL!
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

the haunts that i go to and am able to get one on one talk are the ones i always remember as the best even if they are not. it is just so cool to feel a part of the whole ambiance you know.
            The Care Taker
            John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

I have tried hard to plant the rumor that those fleshy, haired, upright creatures with those wet-looking eyeballs that buy our tickets and wait in line are human beings!
              Treat them like Humans you get a better following and appreciation from them than if you treat them like "creatures"
              A few Octobers ago as I opened the front door to allow more customers to join the tour I sensed a general grumbling in the crowd.
              Some of them didn't like waiting in line to see the house. Some of them had been waiting 30 minutes!!! Some had been waiting 2 hours.
              I addressed the crowd (and the situation):
              "I have heard some complain about getting a very quick, show from other haunted houses, we try to give everyone the same show here , make it entertaining and it takes time to do this. When you get in the house we will be taking that same amount of time to give you and your group the best possible show too. I'm sorry, we are doing the best that we can.
              We are open almost every night of the entire year though, so if you don't like standing in lines , come see us in November, May, June...?"
              I think I really did feel the whole parking lot full of people sort of go "Huh!"?
              I know the grumbling seemed to suddenly cease. Hopefully I appealed to their intelligence and common sense and what I said "clicked" in their heads, why shouldn't have it? It was all the truth.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

you could always send them to the bar up the street and have there number called! LOL! Boy you would love all the drunks coming in then! Ha!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Drinkers arriving here from Chicago always think the local bars are running a special proice on their booze and guzzle it up fast before the sale is OVER!
                  I get to handle the results of this often too.
                  "Sorry, You must have a note from your bartender to come in here."
                  "Bleah?"
                  "Wuzz hee sai?"
                  "Bleah??"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X