Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced perspective in a haunt

Greetings,

Hello all! Sorry for the double post, wasn't sure which this was supposed to go in. I'm working on the design for next years haunt, and I have a bit of a problem. We have very limited indoor space for what I want to do, so I need to use some tricks. :-)

I'm doing an area that is supposed to feel like you are in a series of underground caverns. Since the area is small, I want to have rock corridors that the patrons walk through with large fissure like windows for them to look out as they walk. In these niches, I want to have models and miniatures to create the feeling that a very large space is just beond the wall. This gives me lots of opportunities to make a creepy atmosphere, as well as distractions.

To do this, I wanted to use Forced perspective to create these scenes. I've never used this technique before, so I was wondering if any of you had.

Are there any specific formula's I should use for the miniatures? Lighting considerations?

Thanks in advance!
    Jeremy

Try this to start http://studiochalkboard.evansville.edu/r-theatre.html

Comment

You can force perspective customers into your place by kidnapping their favorite child, this is confusing though because you might nab their least favorite one.
      Just go with the arm bent up behind the back, this hurts and will get them to do what you pretty much want them to do.
      Keep the forearm level with the horizon so as not to actually break a bone.
      Use a Horizon not just any old Plymouth.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
      X