Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Ticket Scam...you better read this!

http://www.chicagosuburbannews.com/bensenville/homepage/x1908587594

That link was sent to me by somebody and you better read it as you go forward working with online ticket companies. I know many of you had three year deals with Screampass and most if not all of those are over now. As you choose companies to sell your tickets online you had better read this article because this could happen to you.

If this happened to you it would be devastating. Seems like most people are going with the safe bet of Click and Print, or selling tickets online themselves.

As you come closer to going to Transworld there will be several companies selling tickets there so make sure you do your homework!!!!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

that is a good peice this will be one of the thing i am looking at at the transworld show.
    thanks for the tip
    The Care Taker
    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Doesn't sound like a scam as much as a non communication.

Seems easy enough to fix, have them meet in a dark parking lot, both parties bring the stuff they are holding from each other. "You got the stuff man...? Yeah, you got the green?" Then do the switch, easy peesy. Plus no lawyers fee!!

-Joel-
      Heartstoppers
      Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
      www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

Yes I agree it doesn't really sound like a scam but some kind of miscommunication. I'm guessing the money stopped and no one actually called to straighten out the issue and here we are months later with a lawsuit. So many problems can be solved with levelheadedness and phone call
        Christopher Brielmaier
        Rogues Hollow Productions
        www.RoguesHollow.com
        www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
        info@rogueshollow.com
        PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

For whatever reason I can't seem to get the link to work.

Jared
          Jared Layman

Comment

Yeah I guess I didn't mean scam... what I meant was how this ticketing company sold tickets for an event then never paid them.

Imagine if you sell that much in tickets on line and never get your check. That is NOT a good thing!!!

I have been for a long time selling tickets myself, and everytime I get a transaction I get the money deposited straight into my account. All I guess I was trying to do is alert people to the dangerous of working with just anyone to sell your tickets.

As most of you go to TW with no contracts with Screampass and you look at other options because there should be 3 or 4 agencies there selling their service, make sure you do your research.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

article

I can't read it it won't come up for some reason

Comment

AW

The link didn't work for me either. Copy and paste it into your browser window.

Comment

Working...
                X