Heath Ledger found Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Ledger found Dead

Well, it seems Heath is going out in Brandon Lee style.

He was found dead today and I think his role as the Joker will be phenom. and his most memorable.

Seems like it was an accidental OD of sleeping pills to catch up on sleep from a flight from London.

Here is a link to the story.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/22/heath-ledger-is-dead/

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

This really sucks because he was a great actor. This guy was on the verge of being a total superstar with playing The Joker in the new Dark Knight Movie. This is a strange feeling for me because I've been reading a TON of books on Marilyn Monroe lately. I can see Heath Ledger in death becoming more popular than in life just like Marilyn Monroe, Jim Morrison, James Dean, the list goes on. Suicide is never the answer. When Marilyn Monroe died there was a RASH of copy suicides nationwide. When someone does something like this it signals others who are also suicidal that it's okay to do it. Keep an eye on anyone you know who might be suicidal.

He apparently killed himself with sleeping pills the same as Marilyn Monore (if you believe she killed herself). They claimed he was disturbed by playing the Joker and couldn't sleep so he was on prescribed sleeping pills. (Just like Marilyn). I wonder if you just want to check out on top and be another 'dead icon'. Who knows.

Here is a link to the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_en_mo/obit_ledger
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I had also read somewhere that playing the Joker had taken its toll on Ledger. He said he would stay up all night trying to get the character down. It would really be a shame if that is what caused this in anyway. I have been following the Dark Knight stuff pretty closely and I really thought this would be the role he would be most remembered for. Even more so than the cowboy movie.
      Jared Layman

Comment

That is really sad, I liked him as an actor. The Patriot and First Knight were great movies I thought. He was well on his way to being one of the most popular actors with big roles.
        So is he the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie??? Didn't know that. If he was so troubled with that part why did he take it? I'm sure there was planty of work for him at the time....

Allan

Comment

That is a good question. I didn't understand why playing the joker would take its toll on him. In other stories I read how much he enjoyed playing the role, so who knows. I have a hard time believing it would cause him to kill himself but who knows. From the news story it looks like an accidental death. I am sure we will all find out more later. I will try and find links to the article with him talking about the role.
          Jared Layman

Comment

Want to hear something crazy... the very LAST interview Heath Ledger EVER did was for Fear.net. Can you believe that? It was an interview for his Bob Dylan movie but all they asked him about was the Joker.

His last interview was for a horror website. Go figure!

I know I'll miss Heath Ledger as an actor, but anyway Fearnet is really playing this up.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
            X