13th Gate Photos/Hauntworld Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13th Gate Photos/Hauntworld Magazine

We will be featuring a few different haunted houses in the newest Hauntworld Magazine, which should be shipped within four weeks. This will be a double issue 17/18. It might be as much as 100 pages but I'm not sure yet.

It should ship 4 or maybe 5 weeks before Transworld Show. We will also have this issue at the Transworld show.

Anyway one of the featured haunts will be the 13th Gate. I have uploaded SEVERAL photos that will appear in the magazine here: http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...s.php?album=85

Click on that link and view some of the photos. I didn't upload some of the photos that we're using in the magazine itself. Let 13th Gate know what you think of the photos.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

They had some really amazing sets. That skull wall is something else.....also the que line area with the arches is very nice....Their building looks huge.

Allan

Comment

great work they had some crepy rooms for sure i loved the cemetery with crypts that is something i have always wanted to do as a walk thorugh or entrance area.

enjoy the day all
      The Care Taker
      John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Yeah, their haunt is gorgeous. The que line is AMAZING! I love the arches and the brick work. Great work.
        Kip Polley
        www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
        We Engineer Fear

Comment

I had more photos but they're are 4 meg so we're using those for the magazine. Want to hype up one of the feature stories. I think the pics are great. Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Looks like it's time to stop feeding the alligator!
            You could open several MacDonalds, all those nice arches!
            Very nice pictures!
            Excellant nightmarish work, hooking into many of their customer's dreams I am sure.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks Guys,

A lot of hard work in those pictures...

If you are interested in learning how to create faux brick walls and crypts like the ones at The 13th Gate, come by and check out my seminar at Transworld. I will be featuring a slide show that shows how to build using materials and techniques I picked up from the movie industry.

Dwayne Sanburn
              13th Gate

Comment

It's a big secret but.

I will be giving a similar free seminar at HauntCon in Houston. Instead of a slide show we are going to slop up the main meeting room. What you have there looks really fantastic. I'll be discussing how haunts I have worked on have made tremendous increases in customers because of adding detail (after years of flat attendance), how much it really costs to do it yourself per square foot and where to get weird materials. I'll be going into how to antique and seal the work.

I would love to show an example of your work if you are coming, even have you give a few minutes of comment. Mine will be actual panel samples. I will also be pumping up the Monday event featuring Bad Boys and SeeNick Design as a must see for those not already registered.

P.S. On your Hauntworld Profile, your website link is misspelled.
                Last edited by Greg Chrise; 01-27-2008, 01:10 AM.
                sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Not sure if we are going or not yet but we will be open (as well as The House of Shock and some other great haunts) for the preshow. I would like to come check out your seminar though. I will let you know. Email me your number at dwayne@midnightproduction.com

Dwayne Sanburn
                  13th Gate

Comment

Dwayne, Beautiful stuff Dude! Amazing! One question though, did you use a mold for the skulls, are they formed panels? Are they actual human skulls from patrons that ask the same stupid ten questions every year?

I.E. "Is it really scarY?"

Matt Marich
                    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Yes we made a silicone mold and poured 2000 skulls out of plaster. Then they were stained and attached to the wall and cemented in(simular to laying bricks).

Comment

Dwayne,

Great job! I am a huge fan of scene design and your Attraction is amazing! Hoping to see you guys in April and I am also looking forward to your seminar.

You can never stop learning in this Industry!

Take care,

Tattoo
                        Mike "Tattoo" Krausert

Senior Project Manager

Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group

www.thirteenthfloor.com

President - Bad Boys Scenic Design

Comment

Dwayne,
                          Really awesome work.
                          I am so proud this is the attention to detail one of my Co-horts in crime has.
                          thanks for setting such a beautiful example.
                          And thanks for letting us be one of your suppliers.
                          Kevin R. Alvey
                          info at gore-galore.com
                          www.gore-galore.com
                          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

you have the dark art down for sure. how big is the facility you are in?

just wondering any reason you used palster as oposed to foam?

was it cost or?

your actors looks great the costume and the makeup real nice

enjoy the day
                            The Care Taker
                            John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Working...
                            X