No announcement yet.

Guns in Haunted House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe run a long clear flexible hose to the gun and have the trigger run a remote control to trigger the air cannon? It ties the actor in place, though....
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony View Post
      Maybe run a long clear flexible hose to the gun and have the trigger run a remote control to trigger the air cannon? It ties the actor in place, though....
      So, you're suggesting I purchase a gun? A toy gun, maybe?

Comment

We do it in our queue line area and our customers love it. We have one character who is allowed to fire it and he is usually up on something above the crowd. Its quite cool to have 1,000 people all duck at the same time.
        We have permission from the police and we are in a 24/7 industrial area so noise is not a factor. Although we usually don't fire anything after 11:00 pm. And of course, we didn't fire any shots after 9/11. One time a rookie officer didn't check in, heard the shot and got quite nervous... hehe. We never let him live that down. They love it too, just about every night one of the hired police officers wants to fire it.
        In the beginning I thought long and hard about it and decided to try it, since then, he's been firing it every night.

So ask the authorities and see what they say and try it. And yes, they are blanks.

Wayne
        www.trailofterror.com

Comment

Empress: you can buy one or make one to allow the tube in back or hidden along the monster's arm.

Also, hope to meet you in person in Vegas.
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony View Post
            Empress: you can buy one or make one to allow the tube in back or hidden along the monster's arm.

Also, hope to meet you in person in Vegas.
            Thanks, NightmareT. Hope to finally meet you, too.

Comment

Well I have some experience in this situation. Remembering that Heartstoppers is a Zombie Western we use guns all over the place.

I personally use one out front for queue line gags, we have some outlaws in the saloon using them and our final scare has been the air-shotgun trick that we made a couple years back using the great Evilusions KneeBuckler and a homemade shotgun prop. If you watch our video on the website, every time you see someones hair and clothes get blown back and the person shrieks, thats ol' Hex with his shotgun of fun!

We use starter pistols so there is zero chance of anything actually firing off. Then we use blanks for the shots. It is pretty darn loud, but nobody has ever complained, yet!

-Joel-

Gwen, call me if you would like to see how we did our shotgun, happy to show you.
              Heartstoppers
              Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
              www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

So at the tour's conclusion , you shoot off the loud blank, then ask the customer walking passed you if there is any problem?
                Just like the waitress who watches you and comes back to the table and asks you if everything is OK" As you have a big mouth full of food.
                Always plan a head.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                  So at the tour's conclusion , you shoot off the loud blank, then ask the customer walking passed you if there is any problem?
                  No, Jim. I think he uses the air shotgun at the end -- not the blanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ClusterOne View Post
                    Well I have some experience in this situation. Remembering that Heartstoppers is a Zombie Western we use guns all over the place.

I personally use one out front for queue line gags, we have some outlaws in the saloon using them and our final scare has been the air-shotgun trick that we made a couple years back using the great Evilusions KneeBuckler and a homemade shotgun prop. If you watch our video on the website, every time you see someones hair and clothes get blown back and the person shrieks, thats ol' Hex with his shotgun of fun!

We use starter pistols so there is zero chance of anything actually firing off. Then we use blanks for the shots. It is pretty darn loud, but nobody has ever complained, yet!

-Joel-

Gwen, call me if you would like to see how we did our shotgun, happy to show you.
                    Starter pistols sounds very interesting. Where did you purchase them, Joel? Oh, and I will be callin' ya.

Comment

You can get blank firing guns at Collector's Armoury
                      http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/ep5sf/

Comment

The starter pistol might not cost as much as the starter jacket!
                        The one the high school owned back in the 1960's wasn't loud at all, I could have clapped my hands together and made as much of a bang, and this was way before screaming teenage girls stole some of my hearing.
                        If you have a house sound track playing loudly in the same rom you might not hear such a weak gun noise.
                        It might be alot scaroer to have a very quiet, dark room and have a long, slow, zipper sound.
                        Only the pros could tell if it was going up or down.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Guns at any haunted attractions

Yeah that BLANK gun.. I remember about 8 years ago some haunt near us decided to do that but the guy ran out of blanks and put the real bullets into the chamber. The results.. Killing 1 (a little girl) and putting another in a wheel chair for the rest of her life. That man is now in jail.. Oh but he didn;t mean to do it.
                          Moral of the story... If you have to use guns real or not, you need to get out of the haunt buisness because your imagination is very limited when you stoop to that level just to scare anyone!! Pretty Damn lame idea!!

Comment

There's a slow zipper sound in the dark and the race is on?
                            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

There's no sound of zippers with a kilt, laddie.

Comment

"If the skirts get any shorter,
                                Said the Mini to the Mod
                                I'll have two more cheeks to powder,
                                And alot more hair to bobb!"

... but if we do hear a zipper...???

how did that operation go?
                                saves a small fortune in toilet paper...
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X