What is your Buying Status for TW '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your Buying Status for TW '08

Okay with 20 days and counting ... what is your buying status at the show this year? What I mean is how much money do you want to spend, or how much money will you spend if you see stuff you like?

Are you spending more than last year, the same or less?

What are you looking for or hoping to find?

I will make another post talking about my situation.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

well since we are flying this year and not driving we will be spending less. If we do buy anything it will be ordered due to the fact we have no way to get the cash and carrie items home.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean I am in the same boat. I am planning on buying stuff, but having it shipped back to Wisconsin
      www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

planning to price some projects out, possibly some minor cash & carry since I am doing the plane gig, otherwise I would truck a bigger purchase back home directly. Need to talk biz with one of my fave automation manufacturers for some custom gigs along with some other pricing.
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I think the cash and carry will drop like a rock. I'm not doing ANY cash and carry... NONE!

Last year I did some, heck I don't think there was ever a year I didn't. Vendors should be prepared to ship everything back. I heard that Unit 70 already pre-sold the entire booth.

There might be really good deals on cash and carry this year. If you're driving you might get the best deals.

Last year we didn't buy much at the show, since most of the stuff I have done or buy is custom. But we probably won't order anything at the show unless its really, really, really cool.

We don't really need anything. We won't be building the new Darkness until mid-May due to the Kennywood project. So I don't really have a finger on what we need so as for myself spending will be very little.

Most of the spending we're doing this year will be stuff we do ourself not what we buy. We want costumes so if we see those we're on them!!!

But we'll see... I'm expecting to spend the same as I did last year on new stuff, just don't know when I'm going to order it.

But we'll be spending a ton I'm sure... last year we probably spent $100k with vendors on our own haunts. I would expect a number in that range again this year.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

As far a retailer goes, never cash and carry. It's not a flea market I'm going to.
            An estimation is approx $150k for this year, though it really depends on what the products look like this go around.
            Thanks, Jeff
            www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
            www.HauntForum.com
            www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

"Buying Status" was the phrase, but can anyone ever really "Buy" Status?
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think you can "buy status" but they charge by the hour

Comment

HMMMMM what will we be buying this year at transworld, FOOD LOTS OF FOOD!and if we have any money left over perhaps we can chip in on a soda.
                  Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Speaking of food, how are the buffets priced out there these days? Gotta hit up at least one of those!

Allan

Comment

Cheap. Vegas wants to cater to the gamblers. Last time I hit the Vegas transworld, the circus circus buffet was like 5 bucks or so....

Comment

Really? It's been about 6 or so years since I've been and I thought I remember paying like close to $15 for a buffet in places like Excalibur and Ceasars...Maybe it was cheaper it's hard to remember...

Thanks,
                        Allan

Comment

Circus circus is the slumming. I do it because it is cheap and has the best coaster in all of Vegas. Weekday pricing is something like 50 bucks a night there and 106 on the weekends for rooms which are clean and comfy. Saves more money for purchasing the haunt stuff, ya know?

Comment

Exactly, Tony!!!

See you around!

Allan

Comment

Buying status? hmmm....well, I plan on buying several lap dances at The Crazy Horse if that counts! haha.....

-Tim
                              Tim Bunch
                              House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
                              www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X