Educational DVD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educational DVD's

I'm looking for some educational haunt DVD's. Does anyone have any recomendations as to which ones were of most help? It really doesn't matter what subjet they on, makeup, design, detailing, or whatever. Anything that might provide some good information.

Thanks
    Jordan Renda
    www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

creature crates used to have a great one on haunted house acting.

the JBCorn DVD is available here and there and is free. If you are an IAHA member, t will be coming your way this year.

There is also an excellent pneumatics video from Hacker House.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Jordan24,

I would say as far as make-up dvd's go you have two options, Shutter productions HAUNTING MAKE-UP vol.1 "which is major kick ass" or the brand spanking new BODYBAG dvd called "XTREME HAUNT FX" Which i am sure will become a must have for years to come!!! I personally would suggest both!!

Just some random dude
      Jason Blaszczak
      SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

p.s Both of these companys do what they do out of pure love, and not just because of the all mighty dollar!!
      Last edited by screamline studios; 02-28-2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Educational DVDs.

Hey, in regards to your question about educational DVDs I wanted to mention the following DVDs. HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE which has over three hours of makeup demos including 13 makeup jobs, as well other insights including costume detailing, advice for beginners, and teeth making. The makeup demos include grease paint blending techniques, soft sculpting using latex and cotton, airbrush techniques, using gelitan in makeup, and prosthetic appliance sculting and application. It has proven very helpful to many different haunted attractions including Terror Park, Netherworld, Darkwood Manor, Haunted Hydro, and many others. I'm not just saying this because I am the producer/creator either. Check out an earlier thread here on hauntworld around a year ago originally posting in late february 2007 and hear what customers who bought it at Transworld had to say. Also, there is a brand new makeup DVD coming out in march 2008 by Bodybag Entertainment called Xtreme Haunt FX with more awesome makeups! HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE can be purchased through the website www.screamlinestudios.com. The important thing is to get your hands on as many resources as you can to learn and be inspired, and to practice, practice, practice!

Geoff Beck
        Makeup Artist/Actor

P.s. Hey, it appears while I was writing this post, my good friend Jason Blaszczak coincidentally gave you some suggestions as well, and look what they were! (LOL). I swear, I did not pay him to say that! And by the way, Jason was a makeup artist on makeup jobs he did for both DVDs, and he is a great makeup artist, designer, and set builder, and a well respected member of the haunted attraction industry. The documentary PLAYING WITH FEAR is a very inspirational DVD that has interviews with some prominent haunted attraction actors, as well a second disc of all makeup demos! Oh yeh, and Jason is in that too! (LOL).
        Last edited by geoffgbeck; 02-29-2008, 12:44 AM. Reason: Spelling
        Geoff Beck is an acting and makeup veteran of 13+ years who has been involved in educational seminars and has worked as a coordinator for many different haunts. He has directed PLAYING WITH FEAR, and HAUNTING MAKEUP VOLUME ONE.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! and holly shit!!!!!
          Geoff Beck gave me a compliment,haha just kidding geoff, thank you so very much for all you do! not just for screamline, but the industry and trying to keep it together...

Jason Blaszczak
          SCREAMLINE STUDIOS
          Last edited by screamline studios; 02-28-2008, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Jason see the below post to have alil fun at the show about Bodybaggin is new product ideas
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Hey Guys thanx for the mentions...... And heres the official cover for said XTREME HAUNT FX DVD..... we tried to get 500 with a scantily clad female on the front BUT the wouldnt allow us to break the order into halfsies.

and you can purchase this BadBoy of Haunt DVDs at www.BodyBagging.com in the store!
              Last edited by bodybagging; 02-29-2008, 09:50 AM.
              Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Toot toot!

I thought I would drop in here and throw Evilusions into the mix. We have two make up dvds - geared towards beginner learners and quick "you need to get in your scene NOW" type make up jobs. Being the make up artist on the majority of both, I can say there is a lot of good techniques and info in them. I've seen Geoff Becks and there's a lot of talented artists there too, and it looks like Bodybagging has talent as well! (get ready... inserting my own horn toot here.. lol) I came in second place with a partner in the make up contest at transworld in 2007 - I lost to Bodybagging by the way and was second place at MHC, so I too have talent. You have a lot of choices to make, and with the dvd's listed already, you can't go wrong!
                Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

And one more thing...

I don't make a dime on the DVD's, I love teaching people what I've learned over the years!

Comment

I heard that Jason is a talented makeup artist extrodinare and a all around good guy? I think someone makes mention of it on the bodybagging DVD among others things, HE HE HA HA!!!

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like there's alot of good make-up DVD's out ther, I'm going to order a few of them tonight. Anyone know of any good ones on scene design and detailing?
                      The 'XTreme Haunt FX' cover look great by the way.
                      Jordan Renda
                      www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Scene design and detailing. The Kevin McCurdy DVDs are excellent.
                        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Also the BadBoys Styrofom masonary dvd is a must have,
                          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Heads will explode

When you think of all the knowledge out there, especially the concentrated knowledge on this site, I think the average person's head would explode.
                            (Wow - I sound like a kiss ass... LOL)

Comment

Tsk tsk Katie, you just dont know what you missed out on! youll be sowwy that you didnt make the time kiddo!

Comment

Working...
                              X