Best Idea Yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Idea Yet!

So I know that I have been beating this in with a stick for the last few months. I know how difficult it is getting into the haunting business, and I must say, “I am learning this the hard way”. I know that there are a great number of haunts that are non-profit, and a lot of these are very successful.

So I made the big jump into the 6 foot deep grave and sent an email to the local Sheriffs Department to do a haunted house fundraiser for the DARE program. The DARE program is very important to our youth, and I know in some places in Minnesota the DARE program has been very close to shutting it’s doors due to the lack of money. I would hate to see this program die. I remember going through it when I was young, the highlight for me was going to a Twins Baseball game with other local DARE groups, and best of all it was my first baseball game and the Twins WON! This is a memory of mine that I will always have.

There is another DARE program in Minnesota that does a haunted house, and they are rated one of Minnesota’s best! So I hope to be second best. I do not see why they should not be interested so if there is anyone in the East Metro of the Twin Cities that might want to get involved please send me a message along with email and contact information.

I believe this is a great idea, and I hope it all works out!

Best of luck to you! It sounds like you want to give back to a group that left you with some fantastic memories! I hope that everything works out! Keep us posted!
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Ya now you can really get by with saying Enter if you Dare! ahahahah!
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

best of luck!

There's a small DARE group of volunteers locally that work with a tiny, rural volunteer fire department to put on a Haunted Trail each fall -- they do a great job and do raise much needed funding for the program. It can happen -- congratulations, damon, I hope this is mutually beneficial to you and the DARE program in your area!
        "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
        ~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Comment

I might think about it.? That was typed in a joking manor. Sorry you didnt laugh.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

Working...
          X