Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatures Crypt Haunted House Auction - June 10, 2008

Tuesday June 10th, 2008

For the past several years, Creatures Crypt has been known as one of Illinois’ top Haunted Attractions. In fact, in 2007 it was voted the #1 Haunted House in Illinois by HauntedIllinois.com. Their creativity, detailed sets & props made them one of the best events in the business.

Sadly, 2007 was their last year, but you still have the opportunity to see this attraction one last time... and even take a part of it home with you! On June 10th, the owners of Creatures Crypt will be holding a Haunted House Auction in Bloomington, Illinois. The entire attraction must go. They will be auctioning off complete sets and scenes, as well as hundreds of individual items.

Haunted Illinois has created an information page about the auction which has auction details, a link to the official 8 page auction flyer and more than 50 pictures of props & scenes that will be up for bid!!! To find out more about the auction, click on the banner below:

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2008c...untauction.php

Don’t pass up this opportunity to get your hands on a piece of this top-rated Haunted House! Clear your schedule for June 10th, to visit the Creatures Crypt Haunted House Auction!
    Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
    Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

auction

bad timing on the auction with MHC at the same time. Did you consider that???

Good Luck

Comment

Xtremecreator

Originally posted by xtremecreator View Post
      bad timing on the auction with MHC at the same time. Did you consider that???

Good Luck
      Not exactly, this auction is on 6-10-08.
      MHC is June 13-15, it's all laid out for you.

Comment

Are you guys going to have packing and shipping available. It does not say on the flier.

Comment

TongueSandwich

Yes they have packing and shipping available. The winner of the items packs it and arranges shipping. Thats how its usually done. Shane
          sigpic

Comment

top attraction

I thought Dream Reapers was Illinois top haunted attraction...
            These guys must have not spent any money with Larry because they are not listed in the top 13 haunted attractions in the country.

Comment

No, thats not how it is usually done. That would only be at low end auctions (or maybe that is how it is done in the haunt world since the haunt world is notorious for bad business) . Why would someone from out of state go to an auction that they would have to find a way to pack it and ship it? Even the fright dome shipped and pack at their auction. I was going to fly out but since it was not on their flier I backed off.

Comment

Hi, tonguesandwich..

I'm not sure how other "Auctions" have been conducted in the past...

But if you contact me personally: @ creaturescrypt@yahoo.com

I'm sure we can work something out w/ our local shipping companies.

Just let me know...

Thanks!

John
                John Dolan
                Creatures Crypt
                Bloomington Il.
                http://www.creaturescrypt.com

Comment

ToungSandwich

Again these people are going out of business they dont care how you take it as long as you take it. There might be a company there to help you. But for the most part its your problem. I was in Vegas this past March at the FrightDome auction and some friends of mine bought several things. They had to find someone to pack it and ship it. Why because it now belongs to them after they paid for it it was their responsibilty of getting it out. Low end or not you bought it you get it moved its simple!!! It seems you have never been to one of these auctions. I go to animal auctions all the time and if I buy an animal hell they dont load it for me and haul it home its for me to do that! Shane
                  sigpic

Comment

Slain

Thats a good point you brought up.... Hummmm wounder whats up? Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Uh... yeah I was at the Vegas auction and bought a lot of props and if you look at the flier shipping was available. I haven't been to an animal auction so you got me there. The reason they are having an auction is for profit.
                      John, thanks for the response. I will contact you.

Comment

Maybe its just me....

And not to put any Auction down but I have seen it over and over and over. They go to these Haunted House Auctions and buy used stuff at retail prices!!! I hardly ever see a good deal. I think most that go to these auctions are new and just dont know where to go. You can call the manufacturers and get them at wholesale prices and they arrange shipping for you not to mention you will get a discount when you buy several pieces. Why go an auction and pay retail which is what happens many many many times. I think its a thing of I want it more than you and I am going to show the crowd I can buy it. Now dont get me wrong there is always a few one of a kind props and thats different you pay for it because its rare. But other than that For God Sakes take it I will keep getting brand new items at wholesale prices!!!! Shane
                        sigpic

Comment

Yep... I agree with that 110% . It usually burns out after the first row of items or the very large items. You can still get really good deals at some auctions but you need to know the game. It is a gamble especially if you have to add in travel costs. Plus you have to pay the auctioneer fee.
                          Peace

Comment

Having worked with that event for several years I can say you are going to find a lot more unique detailed sets there than you might have at other auctions. The photos on Haunted Illinois are a little better than those on Nortons for showing of the size and scale of the place.
                            http://www.innerfears.com/
                            http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

hmm

SLAIN AND GREYSTONE

Just to clarify, Dream Reapers is always in the top 3 haunts in Illinois.

The #1 came this year from HauntedIllinois.com
                              He rates the haunts in Illinois

We have not spent any money with Larry so quit the bs comments.

We (Nightmares Inc) would like to stay out of all the political garbage in this industry.

.......dude the comment about this industry being notorius for bad business.....is a low blow
                              Don't know who you deal with but I assure you....we don't do bad business
                              If you find someone that has a bad thing to say about our company....Sinister Scents...Nightmares Inc......or Dream Reapers
                              Please let me know
                              Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Working...
                              X