Check out the link here...

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...&showId=303026
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

So are they building stuff for the series or is it just a history lesson on torture devices?? From the synopsis it sounds like a history lesson.

Comment

If they wanted torture devices they should have had DISTORTIONS!
      sigpic
      PEACE, ADAM
      www.poisonprops.com

Comment

From the synopsis it Looks like they just wanted a crew that could build stuff, they will probably run the gamut of historical devices, starting with torture, maybe doing an episode on siege weapons etc....

Its another variation on programs like Mythbusters and American chopper... these programs are often just personality driven, look for the 'reality' scenes of individuals dicking about and pulling pranks and practical jokes on each other.

For this reason you will find that the selection of the actual crew was more down to who provides the most on screen entertainment rather than any judgment of expertise and technical competence, in fact quite the opposite, people who put a lot of misguided effort in something that was destined to screw up from the very start provide more entertainment that competent people who get everything right first time.

Comment

Based on the news footage of the Scarefactory artist who said getting drunk and scaring people was what this indsutry was about they will get what they want.
          DRAMA!
          Actually most of the artists at Scarefactory are very cool and laid back, but with their volume of work, I am sure that will lead to tense situations and lots of drama with customers, and office personel.

I am very interested to see it.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

I bet it would be hard pressed to find someone who watches as much History and History International channel than myself on this forum, since between those channels and ESPN that's about all I watch with few exceptions. With that being said, I have seen the Surviving History commercial with Scarefactory many times lately. Even in the commercial you can see an interview with Josh and Dave. The show looks very interesting and it looks like they have the capacity to build some awesome torture pieces.....

Should be very interesting to watch....great videos already on the website.

Allan

Comment

http://www.history.com/search.do?act...viving+History

Enjoy!
              Ben Armstrong
              NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
              www.Fearworld.com
              www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

All the videos can be found on this link... I watched all of them.

http://www.history.com/media.do?medi...=0&showName=-1

What do you think of this show? Would you watch it, enjoy it, you tell me? Does it look great, fun, or something you would never watch. Let us hear your thoughts.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Its not really what I expected but it seems interesting. It follows the same idea of shows like mythbusters so it could very well be successful. I'll be sure to catch it this sunday when it airs!
                  Christopher Brielmaier
                  Rogues Hollow Productions
                  www.RoguesHollow.com
                  www.myspace.com/rogueshollow
                  info@rogueshollow.com
                  PH: 614.408.3137

Other people build websites, We build Results

Comment

It looks like an interesting show, but it may get boring after a while. I hope they at least talk a little about the haunt industry, but I can't see that happening. What dd I expect though? It is the History Channel and of course it's going to revolve around history.
                    Spooky Wishes
                    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Working...
                    X