No announcement yet.

House of Torment Build Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the " Creep Call "! That's freakin brilliant! If you are inclined to do so, please email me at info@eurekascreams.com with info on how we can add this type of feature to our website. Absolutely BRILLIANT!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

This detailing is crazy, love the creep call!!

Comment

Maybe someone at HoT recorded the broadcast. It would be fun to hear.

Sarah
        Sarah Meier
        Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
        "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Well, just some info... but the first time I seen a system were you can enter a phone number and get a call was from Universal Studios for Halloween Horror Nights. You enter your number and the 'Caretaker' would actually give you a call... it was really cool and pretty creepy! That was a few years ago though. -Tyler

PS: Always fun to put in someone elses number to freak them out!
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

There are a few companies that provide this service... I think you just google "click and call"... or maybe "Click N' Call"... something like that. That should help you! From what I know it's pretty simply to use... just create and upload an MP3/WAV that you want to be played over the phone... the company creates an account for you and gives you all the info you need to embed the "sign-up" into your website.... and that's it! -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

sweet, some realy grat artistry and sets there.
              The Care Taker
              John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Comment

Roughly half of all the posts on this thread came from the same person who made over 20 accounts. I have deleted all the accounts I could find so far and will ban this persons IP and from now on I will be on the look out for people with multiple IP address. And furthermore I will make the board show your IP address, so we KNOW we are NOT be attacked or some person being praised from multiple accounts who are the same person.

There hasn't been a legit post on this thread for over a month... I believe the person is an actor at this attraction, and in NO way do I blame the owners because they are good and honest people, and have talked to their actors about this issue.

This isn't the first time we've seen an actor do something like this and I'm sure this won't be the last but c'mon... if you are an actor and want to promote your haunt do SO endlessly but UNDER YOUR OWN NAME UNDER ONE ACCOUNT NOT 20 PLUS!

I personally look forward to MORE posts from the OWNERS of this attraction and people connected with the attraction, I look forward to learning more, seeing more but just not from one person with 20 accounts. And we thought Jim had split personalities... LOL

The main account with all these names was FEARSEEKER and he also created another 20 or so accounts like gingersnaps, hauntfever, shedevil, honeysuckle, Mr. Keep Austin Scary, and many more... clearly he is from Austin because all of his email address's are @austin.rr.com

If you can recall Fearseeker was someone who blasted me several times, and started the thread about some account he created I wouldn't allow, blah, blah so I guess he had to go out and create another 20 or so and post under all of those names.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

LETS SEE 2009 PICS!!!

Without a doubt you guys are the most inspirational haunt ive ever seen and i know ive told you that probably 100 times but thought i would say it again lol.
                  would love to just follow you guys around for a day and see what all it takes to make this show happen. im sure i would learn soooo much.

but anyway, lets see some construction pics!
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

2009 pics coming soon

Thanks Nick! We have been crazy busy, as I am sure all of you are, and will be posting pics and some videos soon. I hope to get the camera out this week and post by next week. I have not been online for a while but will be back regularly from now on.

Dan
                    House of Torment

Comment

All I can say is Wow! Bart at the Haunt House has been braggin' on you guys since he made the trek last year. I'm joining him this time - all we have to do is find a day that we can make the drive. Can't wait to see House of Torment in person!!

Cheers!
                      Michael Edwards
                      Dallas, Texas

https://www.youtube.com/user/AHauntersLife
                      http://darkhourhauntedhouse.com/
                      http://facebook.com/Drjkyll

Comment

completely have been spending the last two days just looking at your pics and then going to our haunt and trying to recreate some of the painting effects, having a little luck, but not much.
                        at the beggining of this you said you could hook us up with matt's contact info.
                        could you do that please? you can post it or email it to nick@hellsgatehaunt.com
                        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
                          completely have been spending the last two days just looking at your pics and then going to our haunt and trying to recreate some of the painting effects, having a little luck, but not much.
                          at the beggining of this you said you could hook us up with matt's contact info.
                          could you do that please? you can post it or email it to nick@hellsgatehaunt.com
                          Hey Nick. Distressing, texturing, generally fauxing up walls is what I've done most in haunts, retail stores, and on canvas.

The most simple and usable tip I can give you is that you get more from what you take off than you put on. Here's one example, it's similar to some make up techniques.

One a 4x8 panel paint the entire surface a light base coat, white, off white, cream, whatever you have. In large areas take thin coat plaster of paris, or thin set and trowel it on thick and thin, run over your thick areas and pull them as far as you can. Run your trowel very lightly on your final spreads and watch the material separate and "crack' open with space between the consistency. [your not covering the entire span, only hitting 'pools' of texture over the wall]

[you may also reverse the above, starting dark, and hitting light.]

Dry it with a heat gun or hair dryer. Go over portions of this with a wire brush, randomly. Completely crack other areas, then do a little more wet over these areas, pulling the new thinset over these hard spots. Now you'll start to get some good texture. Dry this.

Randomly and thickly paint deep crimsons, greens, or even blacks, all around the board, not coating completely but close. Leave it on for less than a couple of minutes.

Now use a sponge and or towels, cheescloth whatever, get it nice and wet, not dripping not wrung out. Now wipe off as much of the new paint as you can. In the flat areas where theres' not much texture, really wet the sponge and attach the area.

Go back now and lightly sand some of the texture, you'll notice this will give you a nice natural looking "wear spot". After this first coat of paint completely dries, us another dark color and do the same as before. Hitting all your textures heavy with paint, and then wiping them down with water.

Once you've done this you'll see what works and start to get creative. You can stencil into this wall in the early stages with plaster or paint.

THIS ALL DEPENDS greatly on what look your going for as well. 150 year old home, dungeon, cellar, etc. This will just give your walls character similar to concrete or stucco.

The above effect, with a line of chair railing with a solid color below the rail gives you simple instant reality. Post some photos of what you've done and I can photo shop you some examples of what I'm talking about. Also, if you want names of products to use let me know.

For canvas this work is mostly done with gels that perform much better than plaster as they are plastic and won't just crumble off the wall. They are however, prohibitively expensive for large surface area. Show me what you have and I can help.

EDIT- Use latex paints, eggshell or flat. If you speak with a paint person, not a floor worker, but a paint dept lead at one of the big boxes they may give you some remnant paint. Ask them if you can keep a box in the lockerroom and collect paint put there after shifts once or twice a week. In a weeks time there'll be mistakes made by mixers, and people will bring in old paint to have it shaken. If the top won't flush the can right or if there's rust on the can they won't shake it and the customer will usually leave it. If it has moisture in it the paint can still be used, junk paint may provide some of your pukiest and funkiest washes over walls. You can thin down any color you need and wash it over the wall.
                          Last edited by Twin Locusts; 07-16-2009, 07:50 PM.

Comment

good stuff. obviously very hard to picture, but im trying hard to understand it all.
                            also what do you mean by wash the thinned down paint.
                            just apply it with a brush, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
                              good stuff. obviously very hard to picture, but im trying hard to understand it all.
                              also what do you mean by wash the thinned down paint.
                              just apply it with a brush, or what?
                              Yeah, sorry, I just sort of wrote it as I thought it. Not tutorialized at all.

Once you get a base coat and or texture onto a wall. You can take a very thinned down latex paint and sponge it on heavily. Like squeezing as you go along the top of the panel.

Say your panel is puke green. You could go with a brown or rust paint in a sponge and literally drip it in a heavy wash onto the wall along the top edge. You could probably use aritsts acrylics for washes as it doesn't take much paint and the suspension is better for thinning than indoor latex.

If you don't like the look use a mist bottle with water and wipe down the paint. You can use this to dirty up or age a wall.

I'll work something up and take some photos and post them.

Comment

no problem, your helping a lot actually.
                                ok, im going to go try the sponge thing tommorow morning.
                                right now i have been using a spray bottle filling with gross colorered deck stains and squirting them from the top of the wall and letting them fall down.
                                but it looks really corny and the drips are really heavy and dont blend at all.
                                so im excited to try it with some watered down latex and some sponges.

Comment

Working...
                                X