Using a large open room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a large open room

I have a couple large rooms that I want to use, but I am running out of resources to man them or add walls to make more of a maze. So I thought about doing this.

Using the whole room and putting obstacles around that one actor could hide behind, run between, pop from. My first thought was a wraith with lots of bundles of corn and the wraith just keeps itself off in the distance, but allows itself to be seen. Guests would have to wander through the obstacles but it would not be a set path and get to the other side to find a somewhat hidden exit.

Is this lame??????

Also thought of putting in some sensored strobe lights that would pop on.

Carefully create some definate light and strong, black shadows and your people can hide within them.
    A 30 inch high wall with a light behind it pointed at a display on the other side of the wall makes a very dark triangular shadow on the customer's side.
    Squat down, hide there and if the displayed item draws them close enough you can stand up right at their feet as they are distracted this way and affect a really effective scare.
    We discovered this many years ago in the old JC haunted house.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
      Carefully create some definate light and strong, black shadows and your people can hide within them.
      A 30 inch high wall with a light behind it pointed at a display on the other side of the wall makes a very dark triangular shadow on the customer's side.
      Squat down, hide there and if the displayed item draws them close enough you can stand up right at their feet as they are distracted this way and affect a really effective scare.
      We discovered this many years ago in the old JC haunted house.
      Jim, I cannot for the life of me picture that in my mind. Is there anyway for you to draw it? It sounds really good!

Comment

The light was installed low, aimed away from the stub wall with a display in the light, it was a "drag", the old steel pointy thing pulled behind a tractor it looks like a torture device, nobody really wanted to walk right up close to it, they would edge closer, stopping about 2 foot from the stub wall. The shadow was like a 45 degree triangle that went from the top of the wall downward on the customer side of the wall, making that neat little un-thought of hiding place.
        The whole haunt was in a basement we had total light control.
        It was a large basement, high ceilings, solid concrete construction, there are some old pictures of Model "T" Fords being worked on in this room.
        Last edited by Jim Warfield; 07-04-2008, 07:25 AM.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I'm such a visual person, but I'm trying to see your words.

Comment

Rhorchart(SP) ink blot tests and tricky pictures that are supposed to be hiding secret messages or images always had me seeing and describing things that others could not see, until I pointed out each thing to them, line by line, each shape.
            I even did convince the psychologist giving me the test that just because I was the first person to ever see Ubangi Tribe's men cooking two big game hunters in their kettle in that particulair ink blot that such an image was not there. She saw it as I pointed it out to her so easily that she then wondered why nobody else had ever seen them too?
            Maybe she was just trying to ingratiate herself to me, maybe this happens frequently and she was doing some freelance "Chain-Yanking"?
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X