Ok were moving on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok were moving on!

We all know were moving to St. Louis so with that do you think we can trust TransWorld from this point on? I have made my polls public so we can see who votes and who voted for what. I wished the other polls had been made public. Anyone got a comment on why the polls were made private? I myself dont have a problem with people seeing how I vote. Shane
    Yes
    51.16%
    No
    48.84%
    sigpic

I think your going to get a split on this one. most people will probably support the st. Louis show (some with fear of retaliation from kip and larry if they don't) but Unless they spend mega money promoting this show its going to fail unfortunately...
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Sean

I think the damage is done as far as TransWorld goes they really let us down. We had a good thing going and they let one company split us. And that company is not even staying with TransWorld. Its a sad time as far as a Halloween/Haunt show goes! I also agree they gonna have to spend, spend, spend but I don't really feel they think were worth it. If they did they would have droped a ton of money already in past shows. Shane
      Last edited by graystone; 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

?????

As i write this i am speaking for myself and not for screamline studios, so many times over and over we go to a show (show after show after show) in hopes our products and name becomes a common word for haunters so many times we give each product the same care we gave our very first piece.. but in the end!! yes we grew as a company and boy did that feel good, but being very honest folks what have you seen within screamline lately maybe a order going out early, or the wow factor of a prop you just recieved, i guess the point in what i am trying to say is the more shows you attend the more you are away from the shop and the more you are not creating what the public may want down the road, i personally love to sculpt, i love to paint, i love seeing the faces of everyone enjoying what we do, but in some bizarre way you loose that within the sales end of things. OK OK i am done rambling on............ so what the hell am i trying to say!!!! too many shows will kill my creativity, look at it from my side of the fence we have vegas, texas,mhc,haunt con,maybe horror hound, maybe 2 to 3 others, and now we have st. louis,what the hell guys? so many shows and no time to create!!!!!DAAAAA I AM DONE BITCHING....I love this industry and i would like to give everyone new products that makes people go WOW screamline kicks ass!!!! I personally do not believe at this point i will attend transworld st. louis but who knows maybe things will change in the off season.

These are just my thoughts

Jason Blaszczak

p.s my complaining has nothing to do with everyone who backs screamline , my complaining is mostly within myself and the fact that i do not have enough time in the day to give people what they may want, and at that point i feel like i let myself and everyone else down....

Comment

It'll get to a point where eventually vendors will be forced to pick one or two shows to attend a year! I agree, doing so many shows will kill a companies creativity, so I guess you'll just have to pick only 1 or 2 shows to vend at!

Also, I think people are getting confused... exactly, what is in Texas? If it's the retail show, why do HAUNT vendors want to go to that show? St. Louis is not a new show (14th Annual Transworld Haunt Show)... just a new location! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tyler

A few things 1 YES sir TransWorld is most certinly a new show because its a Haunt only show before it was a Halloween/Haunt show. So I am sorry to say your dead wrong this is a new show. They have never done this before so again your wrong it is a NEW show in a NEW location. Ok moving on to Texas. Tyler, alot of Haunt Vendors are having a time making enough sales for Haunts only so they are trying to get their products in more retail line stores. The Haunt only show will not have a presents for retail and haunt buying with an exception of people lilke myself who also own halloween/costume/party shops. So just like the vendors will be forced to do more shows so will we be forced to attend more. AGAIN TRANSWORLD BENT US OVER ON THIS THEY COULD HAVE SAID PISS ON RUBIES BECAUSE THEY WERE PULLING OUT ANYWAY. But instead they split a show based on a few of the bigger names without mention to the smaller companies. What does this mean? There will be less booths than ever before and I will bet you on that one. Will the bigger companies have more booths? Maybe will they make more sales? Maybe but I dought it. So with all that said TransWorld is dying a slow death and really they have no one but themselves to blame because they allowed this. Tyler best thing you could do at this point is pack your pj's and head to Larrys in March this will be one of the last times you will get to see your idol up close and at a booth. The future of this industry is right here on the internet it don't cost them a thing to post videos of new products and the less spent will mean more profit to the hard working vendors.Shane
            sigpic

Comment

I personally and only speaking for myself will ONLY ATTEND and EXHIBIT in St. Louis. I will not attend or exhibit at the Vegas show, Houston show, or any other Halloween related show. I will exhibit at IAAPA but that is an amusement show.

Again just speaking for myself, but I am pretty sure most of the major vendors will ONLY be exhibiting in St. Louis but they should speak for themselves.

As for Screamline... hey let me tell you guys something, this years Hauntshow is going to blow your socks off. You guys better be there or else we'll hunt you down with some of your own latex weapons!!!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry

This should be your slogan! " I have a dream" Shane
                sigpic

Comment

Shane,

I know that the purpose of every action you do is to drum up controversy, but I will tell you right now that there are so many people involved in the development of this show it is amazing. Very unlike Years past.

And no we haven't consulted with you. And there is a good reason. Everything you do is to cause havoc and drama. And you enjoy it. Why would we involve someone who just wants to cause problems when we are trying to move in a positive direction?

Jason,
                  I think you and I need to talk because you obviously don't know anything that is happening. How do I get you in on everything?
                  You are not a member of HHVA are you?
                  If you have a problem with what is being done then get involved so you can contribute to the solutions. You can't complain if you are just sitting on the sideline watching the parade pass you by.
                  Kevin R. Alvey
                  info at gore-galore.com
                  www.gore-galore.com
                  www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                  www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                  www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Kevin

I disagree with you I don't cause drama. I just speak whats on my mind. And although I do respect you and what your doing if you don't like my take on things then thats your problem not mine. From what many have told me thats been the problem with this industry for a long time people have been scared to speak up for fear or being booted from Larrys sight ( Larry nothing personal just whats been told and I am not scared to say it. Lennord himself and Noah both have told me they have never booted a person) or fear of vendors refusing to sell to the ones who speak up. Well I am here to tell you I am not scared I was brought up in the south where if there is a disagreement two men step outside and fight it out like men then they stand up and shake hands. So I am not scared to speak my mind. And I have noticed a change in people here as well. If a vendor wont sell to a buyer because he speaks his mind then his days are numbered in this industry. I mysef own my own company I deal with people I don't like all the time but you see just because I don't like them don't mean I don't like their money. Also Kevin I don't need anyone to consult with me or why should they I for sure am no ass kisser and thats who I feel y'all consult with. Hell why would you consult with someone who has expressed oppisition about this move. Remember you only want to talk and hear from people who was for the move. And besides why even talk about it whats done is done. So you talk about all the so called new people who's going to be there and we will talk about who all will not be there. And lastly Kevin never ever ask my oppinion on anything concerned with this show and TransWorld because you will not hear what you want me to say. Kevin again nothing personal to you we may not see eye to eye but outside of this were still friends at least I feel that way. One last thing Kevin what buyers did you consult with and were any of them aginst the move ?and do they still feel the same way. Would any of the buyers who was contacted like to answer this is Kevin dont want to name names. Shane
                    sigpic

Comment

Now come on Shane.
                      You know you are a drama queen.

Shane, You also know I am open to hear what anyone has to say.
                      As long as they aren't just whining.
                      I want real input. and so does everyone involved. You know me better than that to say what you just said. You know you don't know what you are talking about.

Buyers and Vendors had their chance to express their approval and disapproval of the move or where to move to.
                      This was the decision. The buyers were split and the deciding vote was made by the vendors and the vendors voted St Louis.
                      Pretty simple facts.

It is past the time to do anything about the location. It is in St Louis.
                      Now it is time to help Transworld develop the show so it will be the best show ever.

I started a thread at the top of this forum and people are making great suggestions. All those suggestions are being discussed right now.
                      So, keep adding thoughts and that will also be discussed.
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Shane and everyone...

This show is happening and every vendor from Scarefactory to Skulltronix is coming and bringing more booths than before. I talked to Nethercraft for example who told me because of booth prices he's going from 2 to 4 booths, I talked to another vendors who said they are going from 4 to 8 booths, and another who's going from 1 to 4 and so on and so forth.

All of your favorite vendors are buying MORE booth spaces and bring MORE new products. If this isn't a benefit to you I don't know what is.

Lastly, the drama needs to stop maybe you could actually start offering our opinions on how many days do you think the show should be, to what should be the show hours to things you'd like to see changed or whatever.

Lets hear what you want this to be, this is our industries show.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Kevin

Again I do hold high respects for you. Larry let me say this and its not directed at you because I assume you have no control. I just think now, I am a buyer I know if this show don't live up to all they hype and have more vendors than in past years we going to be pissed and hell you own a haunt yourself and you should be pissed to. And when I say more I don't want to hear there was 10 more I mean there should be atleast 250 vendors at this show. At this point I don't see it and I hope I am wrong. But looks like there better be a hell of alot of new companies pop up within the next 8 months. I can understand the vendors saving more money and having bigger booths but bigger booths don't mean a bigger show. To have a bigger show you have to have more vendors offering different products. Again I hope I am wrong. Lastly Kevin I think Drama Queen is a bit gay how about calling me Drama King. A king whos fighting for all the buyer out there just as you are fighting for all the vendors and for that I do say your doing a good job Kevin. So do you still love me? Shane
                          sigpic

Comment

Shane,

Now that is more dead on... I realize even though this is NOT MY SHOW, my name will be attached to it sink or swim. No let me change that to just SINK!

If the show swims it will be because of all the hard work everyone put into it which will be the truth. If it sinks, it will be all my fault, I realize that. My goal now is to do whatever I can, working within a team, a group of professionals to make sure that doesn't happen!

That is my goal.

I personally could care less if Transworld makes 10 zillion dollars, who cares. I don't care... they wouldn't do this if they couldn't make a profit and no one should that is absurd to think they should. I hope Transworld makes a million bucks, because if they make money we all created a show that is a benefit to not only Transworld, but all buyers, and all vendors and that means everyone profited. That is all that matters, not who made more but that everyone was successful!

We all have different levels of success as some of us have 60 employees and others only 1 or two...

I'm on board and I'm going to do what I can to spread the good word!

Shane show us some love and help promote the good word my friend!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Shane,

I’m not going to get in a pissing match with you so I’ll just throw out my two cents and be done.

How many haunt vendors were at TW Vegas last year? What maybe about 40? We already have more then that committed to St Louis and it is only July of 08.

TW Vegas last year was pretty empty, you could look down aisle ways and only see a hand full of people. Normally in past years you could not even walk down the aisle way there were so many people.

I’m betting TW Vegas 09 is going to be a ghost town and I mean that not in a good way… No way in hell do I want to be there vending.

I’m sure all of the vendors would love to do all of their business through the internet, it would save us and you the buyer a ton of money, but most vendors probably do 80% to 90% of their business from shows. I don’t see tradeshows falling to the web anytime soon.

I think St Louis is going to be a great show, buyers are going to bringing their checkbooks and vendors are going to bring a lot of the best stuff they have to offer. Heck I’m still working on filling orders for this year but I’m planning new products now that are going to kick ass!

I don’t know about the rest of you but I’ve been to Chicago, Vegas, & Orlando a million times, I’m ready to see something new, and whether you love Larry, hate him, or just don’t care, it’s a chance to see his show and decide for yourself if he put his money (and talent) where his mouth is. Just think of all of the junk you can sling at him if he screws up the tour! I can hardly wait, this is going to be a lot of FUN!!!
                              Regards,
                              Jeff Londos
                              Monster-Tronics
                              Innovators in Haunt Technologies
                              www.Monster-Tronics.com
                              Proud Member of the Halloween and Haunt Vendor Association
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYFWm4BNmc

Comment

Working...
                              X