Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name all the tourist spots with haunts...HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name all the tourist spots with haunts...HELP!

Can someone name all the tourist spots in the US/Canada that have year around haunted houses for example...

Lake George
    Niagara Falls
    Branson
    Wisconsin Dells

HELP!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

The Ravens Grin is 10 miles from the incredible State Park on the Miss. River, the Palasades and 45 miles from Galena, Ill. "Home to Gen. Grant"
    Other than these things it's in the middle of nowhere........open every night.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Haunted Grimm House-Old Town, Orlando. The only year-round haunt still operating in O town.

I don't believe they're year 'round, but I believe that there are some seasonal haunts in Wildwood and Mrytle Beach that are open for pretty long seasons ... as well as Ghostly Manor in Sandusky.

Aren't some of the Ripleys places open year round?
      Scott Simmons
      The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
      http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

There's at least a partial list posted from Nov. 5, 2007 at:

http://hauntcapital.blogspot.com/200...tractions.html

Comment

There is that haunt done by Rilpley's in Gatlinburg, TN.

That's all I got.
          Jordan Renda
          www.NightTerrorsHauntedHouse.com

Comment

Jim I thought you were closed on Wednesday nights? So you can call out the numbers at Bingo night at the Jehovah witness hall?! Ha!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

LOL! That makes me think of some weird story you might post about bible toating people knocking on your front door. Boy would that be interesting! ha ha ha!
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

The "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" is open from March thru October every year. It's not totally year round but pretty close. Nobody wants to travel on icey roads in the winter around here
                www.bricktownamusement.com
                Tom
                Creator of the Dungeon
                WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Damon you Demon! You aren't supposed be blabbing !
                  Now everybody knows I'm in the Jehovah's Wittless Protection Program!

As far as any person showing up on my doorstep with a Bible, this happened before I lived in this house and the guy living here looked out the window and recognised the Sunday-suited bible guy as the biggest substance abuser former co-worker he had ever known, so as he opened the door he almost screamed at the poor guy, "What theHell are YOU doing here?"
                  The novice soul-saver guped, turned and ran away. I guess he needed some more lessons and another pep talk to restore his confidence?

Around 1970 a local college sent students door to door to talk to everyone about Veitnam. I asked him "What about China?"
                  "What about China?"
                  "They are now a nuclear power."
                  "But they don't have any missles to deliver an atomic strike."
                  "Read a newspaper sometime, they had a succesfull launch just a week ago."
                  "Oh! I didn't know that!"
                  "Before you go out beating on people's doors you better know what you are talking about."
                  I made him feel real dumb and I was not his professor, just a guy working in a factory for $1.95 an hour. (and all the rice I could pick up with a magnet)
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry:

I know of a couple of places with year-round haunts. One in California and one in Florida. I think the place is called Dizneeland or Dizzyworld or something, but don't quote me on that.

DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
                    www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Larry,

Out of curiosity, why do you want a list of year round haunts? I have a plan for one on the table, and an investor ready to go. I just need to finish the market research to see if it will fly. My research thus far has proven that tourist don't like to be surveyed.
                      sigpic
                      Louis Brown
                      Owner, operator, and dish washer
                      at
                      DarkWood Manor

Comment

Some tourists take years to make up their mind, save their money or whatever? To finally , actually go to see something they discover in a book or newspaper article.(They fold those articles, file them away in their wallet or purse, take them out Years later!) Then they might at best only return once every three years.
                        I tour bus driver told me the 3-year thing.
                        Once every three years the tour busses are packed taking people to Galena, Illinois ("Home of General Grant!") Which is also a trully antique-looking town where numerous movies have been filmed because of the settings there.
                        Galena is 45 miles from Mount Carroll. Mount Carroll is also an old looking antique looking town famous for General Confusion.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Dizz Knee Land. Isn't that where the Knights of Knee are? That's east from Texas, just on the other side of Arkansas and Lousiana Just south of Canada. I'm not sure if below Canada there might be North and South Narnia but they are rather small. I think North Narnia took over Mister Roger's land of Make believe.

The only year round haunts I know ( and witnessed ) that are succesful, are Rippley's Haunted Adventure in San Antonio. Which happens to literally be across the street from the Allamo. just up one street from the River walk. Man what a location. The other would be the Raven's Grin Inn in Illinois.

Even the billion dollar location might see only 300 people on a unique Saturday night. They aren't concerned with through put limitations. I can't figure out how even with higher math can pay the rent. Rippley must have a sugar momma or be in cahoots with the Knights of Knee.
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Haunted Helen in Helen,Ga- http://hauntedhelen.com/

Nightmare Manor in Panama City Fla- no website
                            ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

Comment

Concerning Ripley's Museums - the only one I've ever visited was in Oregon, and nothing (and I mean NOTHING) has een changed in that place in probably 15 years. My assumption on overhead is that they have an initial investment and then spend verrrrry little on operating costs afterward.

I'm being a little silly, of course, but I am curious about all-year haunts; do they change as much as seasonal ones do? It seems fairly par-for-the-course for most October haunts to make changes each year to keep fresh.
                              DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
                              www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X