13th hour magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13th Hour

I have already work from the ads placed. The work came from new faces and new names but it's "all" good. Every magazine and or content contributer makes our industry better. I recommend advertising with them.
    Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

buy an article?

I looked through the 13th hour mag and it seemed like a haunters version of vogue. Lots of advertisement which was very much eye candy. Several vendors I hadnt heard of, with what seemed like cool props. What I thought was odd was the fact that you could purchase an ad, I meant to say article about your haunt. Some may think my reasoning strange but I want to earn my article not pay for it.

Comment

Gerbil,

This is the DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF EVER... it says something about national PR...what national PR? Who would pay for an article about your haunt in magazine that is handed out at tradeshows or whatever?

But you know what maybe they are onto something...

Is anyone willing to pay me $5,000.00 for an article on your haunt?

APPLY HERE...I guess if someone was willing to pay that kind of money it would be hard to turn down the money, so hell what am I talking about hell ya, write those checks.

LOL

As for you NUT... I heard the same rumor but no he's not on their payroll he is making their website from what I've heard and nothing more. Furthermore I wouldn't say Chad knows the haunted house industry, he does NOT own a haunt, he makes websites. There is nothing that can replace owning and operating a MAJOR haunt, that brings MAJOR problems, and everything between. ANYONE can open a haunt, ANYONE can write a movie, or anyone can be a taxi driver, but until you do it and do it a lot you can hardly call yourself an expert at anything. That is just my opinin.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Maybe you should...

Maybe you should write an article instead of "earning" it? If they like it..they might publish it? I thought the spread of Netherworld was great..did they not "earn it by being a good haunt?
          Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

John,

I don't think you understand...they are now selling features on your attraction claming you will get national PR. They want you to PAY for a feature.

Dude the way you defend these guys I would think you own the thing!

I know you got a lot of free ads but c'mon man! We both earned our wings the hard way. I have never heard of a magazine SELLING feature stories, and the only way anyone would do that is if their motivation is money first and foremost. We did magazines for passion, we contributed to the industry for passion, not money. Clearly there is a difference here and one I would say drove you for so many years with Fright Times. I know you never made a penny, and you certainly never charged anyone for a feature story about their business their haunt or anything else. Money didn't motivate you John and it does not motivate myself either.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President

Comment

But how many big trees had to die and how many mailmen got hernias so we could all get that big magazine?
              Costs .
              What might the costs be to create and deliver this magazine?
              About 17 years ago I spent alot of my time and energy and Bic pens hand writing (copying) a little homely notebook paged "magazine" I sent to several people in the haunted house business....and not one of them ever acknowledged even getting it.
              I did do it for love of telling a story.
              Oh, well?
              It was a partially fictionlized Transworld account with the boys from rural america running their dirt bikes through the clear tube that crosses the street there.
              "YeeeHaw!"
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Larry

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Gerbil,

This is the DUMBEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF EVER... it says something about national PR...what national PR? Who would pay for an article about your haunt in magazine that is handed out at tradeshows or whatever?

But you know what maybe they are onto something...

Is anyone willing to pay me $5,000.00 for an article on your haunt?

APPLY HERE...I guess if someone was willing to pay that kind of money it would be hard to turn down the money, so hell what am I talking about hell ya, write those checks.

LOL

As for you NUT... I heard the same rumor but no he's not on their payroll he is making their website from what I've heard and nothing more. Furthermore I wouldn't say Chad knows the haunted house industry, he does NOT own a haunt, he makes websites. There is nothing that can replace owning and operating a MAJOR haunt, that brings MAJOR problems, and everything between. ANYONE can open a haunt, ANYONE can write a movie, or anyone can be a taxi driver, but until you do it and do it a lot you can hardly call yourself an expert at anything. That is just my opinin.

Larry
                That's what I've been saying about Tyler all along when he starts giving advice, he has no experience as an owner, when in fact his experience is limited to acting, and being a floor supervisor over five actors.

Comment

Tyler is doing things right, he's involving himself with the right people, staying connected and is involved with a haunt. I will never know why you guys pick on him so much! C'mon. Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Larry

Not picking on him, I feel sorry for him. If he used his own words and topics on a consistent basis then maybe he wouldn't catch so much flack.

Comment

Larry

I was told that you hired Tyler to be over all the kids working in the Darkness this year 10 and under can you verify this rumor? Shane
                      sigpic

Comment

Hauntedhousenut, what is your haunt called? I couldn't find a website for it on your profile....

Allan

Comment

Working...
                        X