No announcement yet.

Elvira: Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would never consider Elvira as a "jumped the shark" celebrity, but I don't think that her status is as marketable for haunted houses as it would be for horror/fan boy conventions. I have always heard that she is an amazing person and I think she deserves every bit of celebrity that she gained in her heyday, but unfortunately those days are gone.

I will say, as an actress and instructor, that there are many haunted house actresses who, consciously or unconsciously, ape (or attempt ) her style and attitude and that trend, along with the goth dominatrix look, has DEFINITELY jumped the shark.
    :roll:
    Beth Miller

SoMetHinG WiCKed ThIS WAy CoMEs

What can we teach you about fear?

Comment

here is the truth

You can owe me a drink later..lol! Book "any" true horror celebrity along side of WWE celebrity (superstar)....watch and see "who" has the cult status..now "that" I would bet on! I still "dont" understand it...but you can bank on it!!
      Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

I would agree that Freddy and those guys are now classics, the people growing up today barely know those characters. Elvira was HUGE in the 80's doing Coors commercials and all of that but no where near the same popularity. I agree with John today Freddy for example is a classic, and most do not know the classics.

They know SAW (which I personally think SUCKS) they know the new Letherface, and you barely know something like The Ring at this point.

There are no real horror franchises anymore like Freddy and Jason but they will all be reintroduced with remakes. I think a Freddy remake will suck without Robert England, but it appears they will make it without him.

I personally love Elvira, and would bring her in anytime but it would depend on the money...REALLY depends on the money. It really boils down to the media, will they come out because she's there? If not no one is worth the money. Celebs to me all boil down to getting media attention, if you don't get media attention then they aren't worth anything.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Amen!

I agree totally..
          Visit us at www.boneyardproductions.com

Comment

Celebirities

Larry,
            How many celebrities have you brought in over the years?
            Just curious?
            And if you have who have they been?

Comment

I'm 25 and know who elvira is and now days kids might not actualy know her but know of her every one has hard the name and I think shes hot very hot actualy based on her age and yes she is still in "icon" of horror/halloween and is marketable.

Oh and YES they did do "The next Elvira" so who knows what Elvira now and the new plan on doing.....There is no point of having a new Elvira unless they plan on bring her back in bigger aspects other then meet and greets and commercials, they want to attract a younger audience. I totaly think its a start of a Elvira comback.

Comment

Right on

Originally posted by Terror_Field View Post
                I'm 25 and know who elvira is and now days kids might not actualy know her but know of her every one has hard the name and I think shes hot very hot actualy based on her age and yes she is still in "icon" of horror/halloween and is marketable.

Oh and YES they did do "The next Elvira" so who knows what Elvira now and the new plan on doing.....There is no point of having a new Elvira unless they plan on bring her back in bigger aspects other then meet and greets and commercials, they want to attract a younger audience. I totaly think its a start of a Elvira comback.
                Thank you for your input... That is what I'm saying. This Lady (Elvira) last year alone made 6 million dollars from the Rubies costume deal. These guys know what they are doing and yes she is very marketable. I will let you know after our opening weekend this October how good she really is. I will have footage of her on our web-site soon that she cut exclusively for us and her appearance at Atrox.....

Comment

The Next Elvira

FYI, I think I found a website for the next Elvira. It even appears to have a video clip (the bottom video on the right side of the page) showing the real Elvira "crowning" the new Elvira. You have to watch the video for a minute before you see that part.

Everything I saw on the web about this indicated that Cassandra did participate in selecting her new replacement. Anyway, here's the site:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=367088052

And yes, those are supposed to be pictures of Cassandra (the real Elvira, not dressed up) with the next Elvira in her Elvira attire.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

The origional Elvira has more than 74,000 myspace friends. The new girl has 164. I have never seen one that actually had more than 25,000 that didn't accidentally get deleted so there is some big popularity even perhaps being in cahoots with myspace with her character.

If you go through the profiles there are lots of young people. It the present, not the past keeping her active. But, all across the country at major cities where possibly conventions happened vs. being a draw at one haunt might be two different things.

By cloning the show, it could be at 10 different major theme parks at the same time. Each generation has their own to identify with even cross dressing Elviras and Midget Elvira's apparently. There is no stopping this. They all need to buy a wig and a dress with a little plastic knife somewhere.

I haven't seen any pets dressed as Elvira yet but, I'm sure it will happen.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

to see Elvira without makeup go to http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...a+Peterson&sz= and I have attached one to this post
                      Attached Files

Comment

Larry you ought to bring Elvira to the Darkness again! That would be huge! Im sure the media is still interested in her. But how much does she ask for? Ive heard Ten thousand? Is that really realistic or is it really true?
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadProd View Post
                          I know there was talk of a reality show to find the "next" Elvira, did that actually happen?
                          It certainly did, last year!

http://www.foxreality.com/show.php?id=35564

It was..I want to say a four part series?
                          Very entertaining. (One of the contestants made a donation to the Haunters for Hooters auction this summer, which was quite wonderful!)

I do think Elvira's still a strong commodity - she continues to get a strong fan turnout at her appearances.

Comment

Working...
                          X