No announcement yet.

What's YOUR biggest fear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think my biggest fear is anything I even suspect being rabid coming after me, especially like flying bats in caves.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Where Transworld Exhibits Inc will decide to move the Haunt Show after next year. LOL.
      Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
      Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

Adam

You know thats not your biggest fear!!! Come on now that's Larry's biggest fear! Did he tell you to say that LMAO! Shane
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, Shane, Adam has always been Larry's puppet.

NOT!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by jack View Post
            There are a lot of fears here that we use in the business--even the water fears are addressed by several haunts. My daughter, who acts at the same haunt I'm at suggested another useable fear--centipedes.

It's the more esoteric fears that are harder to realise.

In the first chapter of Niven/Pournelles updated version of 'Inferno' there is a sequence that terrifies me. The main character is trapped in a 'djinn bottle'. He can 'see' the walls of the bottle--which fill his vision with a uniform featureless bronze color, he is aware,appears to have use of all five senses, but he cannot see himself.

Which reminds me of my fear that after death there is nothing but consciousness. Black all around, awareness of self, apparent bodily integrity, but nothing else.

Hopefully, madness would eventually populate such a void.

Oddly, I thought of a way to achieve this in a haunt setting

A completely dark silent room with a thickly cushioned floor about six inches below the heavily padded doorframe.

The customer walks in, drops, and is faced with featureless darkness. The fall will disorient enough that the customer will have a real problem finding an exit(not a good thing in a haunt).

Impractical, but it would get me.

Jack, I actually did experience this type of effect at a haunt but a lot higher of a fall. This was before i got into haunting myself and just toured haunts as a fan.
            Otherwise i would have thought twice and went back and asked to see a manager to kick his ass knowing what i know now!

With that said, we had a reality based haunt back in the chicago area (more like Rockford but anyhow) It was a church group run haunt with a great budget BUT they did a lot of risky things and this was one of them.

Dark room, with one dimly lit light as you walked in dark as hell beyond that doorway. I believe they were depicting what suicide would be like,still not sure.

Your whole group walked up a set of stairs i counted them 6 steps at roughly 8 inches hig per step. Thats four feet to the top, you came to a platform across the top they had your entire group line up along the edge. they shut off that little light and told you to jump to your demise.

Im thinking WTF! We had no idea what was out there, what we were landing on, man it was just FREAKY! It ended up being a full four foot fall onto a hay stack that was worn thin from previous jumpers. Yes we landed on each other, it sucked but the effect was scary as hell!

Comment

Burning to (near) death in a fire.

Sarah
              Sarah Meier
              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

I'm a 6'5" hulking mass of a man, and I still get creeped out by clowns... let the mocking laughter begin...

Comment

What, back in the day, made anyone think clowns were a neat thing???

Sarah
                  Sarah Meier

Comment

Clowns were very entertaining when the circus was the big entertainment that came to town every year. They came driving in small silly cars honking crazy horns doing silly "magic tricks," juggling, and seeing how many they could fit in an old phone booth. They were actually quite funny and entertaining "back in the day" as you say.
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Oh, and my biggest fear is being buried alive. Do you think it would be OK to do that to somebody in a haunt?
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

My Biggest

Fear it that Larry will realize who TheWillies really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO Shane
                        sigpic

Comment

You know that panic you get when you see something move out of the corner of your eye and then feel something crawling on you? Your first reaction (well, *my* first reaction, anyway) is to a) scream, and b) try to get "it" off.

So for a while now I've been thinking what fun it would be to have someone, high up and hidden of course, drop wet noodle pieces on people. When they scrambled to get "it" off, they'd have yet another little fright.

If that happened to me, I'd be beside myself trying to get out of there!

Sarah
                          Sarah Meier

Comment

Oh, and I wouldn't care whether clowns were trying to be funny or trying to chop off my head. The fact that they wear makeup so that they are wearing a permanent smile is a deceit and suspect. It's scary no matter what.

My 2 cents.

Sarah
                            Sarah Meier

Comment

I came close to realizing one of my worst fears last night. Stepped down last night and heard and felt something crunching under my foot as I did. It was a scorpion, one of my ultimate fears. Thank God for shoes with thick soles!

And I do want to say that ever since the 1980 thriller Dressed to Kill with Angie Dickinson and Michael Caine (one of my favorite scary movies), I've had this fear of being attacked with a straight razor by a psychotic killer. In my opinion, that was a great classic scary movie.
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

So which one would be scarier having a noodle dropped on you or a noodle the size of a sausage?
                                A sausage with wings that flops around and talks?
                                Remember "Neon Noodle?" From a Warner Bros. cartoon?
                                It was one of those educational cartoons that made you feel what it must be like to be on hard drugs. Very strange.
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X