Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

Hey guys,

I know this question may have been asked before but here we go...
    I see this metal tipped gloves used at the mose famous places like, knotts scary farm and netherworld, and i am having a haunted house and it would be awesome, and i meen AWESOME if i could get the recipe to make these gloves, if you want to keep it a secret, by any meens dont tell me, but, if you would rather not post it you could pm me.

Thank you so much,

-Scarefest

are you looking for sparking gloves or noise making gloves
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Or would those be Gynie-robotic gloves, Tater?
      (with hidden internal vibrating features?)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I don't know if this helps but Scott Broad over at Haunted Media DVD Magazine did a bang up DVD called Season of Screams which is all about Knott's haunt. The DVD contains lots and lots of great daytime footage of the actors practicing with these types of gloves and knees pads. It is a great video - almost a training manual - for sliding. Also, I think Scott has a contact for someone who can supply the gloves. Shoot him an email at Scott@hauntedmedia.com and I'm sure he would be happy to help.

Tim Turner, Head Honcho
        Ghoulish Gallery, Inc.
        www.ghoulishgallery.com

Comment

Tator, im more looking for the noise making gloves, thanks

Comment

Ok Check your Private Messages im sending you a phone number of a guy that does them pretty Cheap
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Ghost Ride has the gloves, they have a special ferris metal piece on the palm to give the sparking effect.
              R&J Productions
              Las Vegas, NV
              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

So maybe I am the dumb one, but... noise making gloves?
                http://www.innerfears.com/
                http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Im not looking for the sparking one like ghost ride's im looking for ones with metal finger tips to snap in peoples faces like knotts and netherworld!

Comment

If you're not looking for spark gloves then you could probably just make them yourself. Cut off pieces of conduit and glue them over some gloves.

If you are associated with any Ren Faire people, an armour maker can do it quite easily.
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

When i looked at conduit on internet sites it mostly comes in pipes how can i get it flat so a could atach it to some gloves?

Comment

Find a piece of conduit that you can stick your gloved fingers into. Cut off 1-1 1/2 inch pieces. Put glue inside each tube and stick them over the fingers of the glove. So you don't have flat pieces glue to the gloves, but small tubes.
                        R&J Productions
                        Las Vegas, NV
                        www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Those types of gloves you can buy from Ghost Ride (they also make the sparking ones) or Scare Tactix. We have them from both suppliers and we also make them. You can get an "elbow" part that looks like a thumb (explained in detail in the Haunted Media DVD on Knotts Scary Farm) from an electrical supply place or even a Home Depot. Its not cheap because usually it comes with a few more parts and costs a couple of bucks. X10 (One per finger) and its $30 before you start. If You can get just the part you need that might be the way to go.

Just like Rich mentioned we also have armorers make them for us, along with other parts we use in sliding - Toe cops primarily. Otherwise we burn through steel toed boots at an alarming rate.

I like em! Great noise makers with lots of uses, and you can't accidentally drop them! Depending on the character I am playing I use them myself. For my character last year I used the Ghost Ride version, I liked the look.

Good Luck!
                          Ben Armstrong
                          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
                          www.Fearworld.com
                          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

I was looking around ghost ride.com under the new catalog for 2008 they have the "monster mitts" those are exactly what im looking for, but i cant find a price or how to order em anywhere on the site, only the sparking ones but i dont want those i just want the clicker ones

Comment

Hey Ben,
                              do you have a link for the Scare Tactix ones?
                              R&J Productions
                              Las Vegas, NV
                              www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
                              X