No announcement yet.

fx make-up artist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do 4-6 people a night--and I'm one of ten makeup people. Recurring characters usuall go first, then basic scary folk, then breakers(since I act too, I usually wind up here. We've got a little more than 2 hours to get everyone in makeup.

In addition to this every seasoned artist helps the noobs--and I include new-just-outta-school noobs in that. Speed is something that has to be learned. As is improv(creating a good full makeup out of parts laying around).

Pay the new guy just outta school whatever you pay ANY starting makeup artist. And, unless the whole haunt is made of people new at it, don't have them being the head of your makeup team if you can help it.

But I do think that the real bottom line is that any makeup artist who loves what they're doing is gonna do more than they're 'paid' for simply because they want things to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by FearSeeker View Post
      I'm probably going to sound ignorant when I ask this, but at the VERY LEAST, shouldn't everyone get minimum wage? I honestly am not informed, so please don't attack. Inform me.
      Not in the haunt industry. Some haunts pay minimum wage or more, some alot less, some are totally volunteer. I know our haunt pays a flat rate to you depending on if you show up every night, this includes actors, security, makeup people, set designers, everyone. Every ones flat rate depends on what you negoitiate at the begining of the season.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Thanks, Brian! I don't feel attacked, and now I know!
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Speaking of make-up artists, our guys did some serious life-casting a few weeks ago -- and I've been periodically adding photos and video to our Myspace and YouTube page(s).

Attached Files
          Scott Simmons
          The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
          http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

Weve been lifecasting as well !

Fun, messy, Claustriphobic times!

Comment

Hey Kevin... did you guys do the lifecasting at your house? I would swear it's at a friend of mine's!
              Weird..... lol
              Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Mmmmmm Alginate! Tastes GREAT! less filling!
                Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
                X