Woods of Terror Pics..update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woods of Terror Pics..update

So i put pictures up awhile back of our new pirate ship theme, the guys are still plugging away it slowly (they also run maintenence at a nearby waterpark) So their pretty much part time for another couple of weeks.

But with these pictures i am hoping you all can get a grasp for the massive size of this ship and just how unlevel the ground is they attempted this on.

Keep in mind there is NO way i can get this whole ship in one picture,it's just too big no matter where i stand !

Yes it seems far from done but these two guys always make us nervous every season when they build and then somehow pull it off in the end... so no worry's.

A couple of more pictures of a small masoleum were building this weekend, it has three possible drop panels and the elongated hole in the side is a cadaver box.

This will get a marbleized paint job and we alos have wrought iron balusters that will be added in for detail in various places.

Comment

Nice Pictures,

It looks great.
      Ben
      Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

It could also be a demented Noah's ark theme?

What weird experiments has Noah done with these trapped animals?
        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Greg,

I always thought the same thing when I would see those Noah's Ark funhouses. Many of them made major changes over the years but I never heard of anyone doing something like you just described, and it seems like such an obvious idea.

Shawn

Comment

And what do they do with all of these animals after they are done experimenting on them? Sometimes I think they send them to my immediate vicinity. I moved into a place surrounded by woods back in February and I have never seen so many bizarre creatures. In addition to the usual deer, raccoons, possum, armadillos, rabbits, and coyotes, I've been having to deal with cattle out in front of my house and this is supposed to be a regular neighborhood, NOT the wild west.

And the bug problem has been out of control, which is why I've developed such a scorpion phobia. I've seen the strangest looking bugs that I've never encountered in my life, and I grew up with cockroaches so big we used to call them skateboards. It's just been a true delight to live here. I'm going to have to become agoraphobic (and never leave the house) in order to survive. Or I could learn to communicate with all these critters and become a real Dr. Doolittle. No, I'm not losing it.
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Tough to build around things , like trees!
              Almost everything I have ever built here had some extra degree of difficulty factored in somehow.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield View Post
                Tough to build around things , like trees!
                Almost everything I have ever built here had some extra degree of difficulty factored in somehow.
                " Alright now i just need to put this cinderblock in for the wood to sit on".

Dig it down a little,"What the hell is that!,Great a six inch circumferce Rootwad from that Oak 50 feet away! " Go Figure!

It never ends! I did some building today and realized i spent three hours framing and three hours just leveling it off ! Man i miss concrete floors!

Building is such a bitch in the woods!

Comment

But on the plus side I bet you don't have to worry about building inspectors. My area is so flat and treeless that the inspectors would be able to see that from miles away.

It does look really cool though. I have been thinking about a pirate theme for 2009 and have found a storyline for it. Seeing as how you are also inland, how are you going to describe it?

Comment

That's The FUN Part!

"Describing" it!
                    Ghost pirates, buried inland, recreated their old ship out of their coffins (and anyone else's coffin they could grab) hoping to sail to water again!
                    They need Your coffin to complete their mission! "What!? You don't have a coffin for them? Because you aren't dead yet? We can remedy that!"
                    Your location is near a water park, right?
                    The water drew them here as they sailed their ghost ship from the under the ground (Subterraineon seas?) seeking water, it will all be all right again, if only they can put their ghost ship back in water!
                    "We also need your underware for sail material!"
                    Half the pirates could be indians since their burial mound was disturbed by those pirates.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Shawn were going with the Blackbeards theme since that actual ship was sunk just off the North Carolina's coast. How exactly did the ship wash up not sure how were tying that in yet. (hurricane washed it up?) lol

We are making our different themed crews watch movies we pick out and yes we will give them some easy tests to see if they actually watched them.

Graveyard actors will have to watch Zombie movies
                      Virus theme haunt will have to watch movies like 28 days later
                      and so on.

The pirate kids will have to know all the main characters that were on Blackbeards ship in real life. Yes you can find the stories if you google hard enough and search. I have really pushed the pirates to look at Mic the Scallywags myspace pictures and see how they make their costume props such as their hand made leater Rum bottle holders,very cool. But noone has!

This has been a very tough off season! We have had tons of materials sitting all summer, the entire crew had a brainstorming session last november and came up with some really cool new haunts. But nobody's showing up to help out, well i should say same half dozen every weekend!

We ripped out about 300 feet of trail for a gothic haunt that a guy from crew did a great job drawing designs for, but we haven't seen him since december now.

Very frustrating!!

Now everybody has had a chance to see the pictures iv'e posted keep in mind there are only four guys that we trust to actually cut wood and assemble it.
                      We have built some very immense projects that do take a lot more time when you go that high up. (over wet creekbeds!LOL) Those four or five are already ready to drop from exhaustion!

My vote is next summer we build nothing and go on vacation! Hello Myrtle Beach and MHC!

When i helped build and take down Rockford Screamfest in Rockford Illinois that i thought was tough haunt building because of the size building we had (70,000 square feet) But Woods of Terror,Holy Crap !!!! I was in dire need of a shovel today and said screw it and used my hammer and a 2x4 instead to lay block.

Screamfest we used pushcarts for materials and tools, here we use pick up trucks tractors and trailers galore! I feel like a 150 pound starving,sleep disorder lumberjack/farmer !

Yeah, October can't wait! ::sarcasm:: Thank God i found a rental house 7 miles from the haunt and i still have my cabin out there as well.
                      Last edited by Kevin Dells; 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM.

Comment

An old wheelbarrow for your hand tools saves lugging them and dropping them because you tried to carry too many at once.
                        My old chrome wheelbarrow I used to take money to the bank with was just traded in, too bad you are so far away.
                        We could have a cook-out, a few ones and crumpled 5's in the bottom of the chrome wheelbarrow, a little bright sun through a magnifying glass and we have fire to cook with!
                        "Where's George?"
                        "He just went up in flames!"
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The ship was carried inland by a gazzilion possessed termites to be a snack for later. Noah was pissed. He wanted to sail the mediteranean.

I would imagine ghost ships can go anywhere. They aren't solid. The earth's magnetic grid has certainly shifted a bit since Black beard's time and this put their navigation off using old maps.

Down here people put wagon wheels on their fences. It kind of means it's just pretty or the wheels fell off the wagon so this is where they settled. Or the modern version seems to be this is where the Ford Pinto blew an head gasket so we set up a shanty town and later mobile homes were called in.

A hundred pirates got in this thing and walked across the land like the little cardboard cars on romper room since it doesn't really have a bottom.

Give me some time, I'll figure it out.

I've got it. Black beard ran into an evil time traveler that wasn't real good at seting the controls on his machine. But, where ever they pop up they rape and pillage. It could be in your back yard!

Some of the animals liked what Noah had done and remained friends. Other animals were not the slightest happy and The Foundation known as the Two By Two Animal Therapy and Retraining Center was begun.

I've got it! Black Beard is actually Noah who had a white beard with a disguise on hidding from the animals of the world! He was Red Beard for a while but that beard faded with time and it was hard to accessorize.
                          sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

More pics!

Kevin, a week has passed. Can we see more pics?

Sarah
                            Sarah Meier
                            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
                            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Hey Kevin, this site should be of help.
                              http://www.noquartergiven.net/

Comment

Working...
                              X