Blood Recipe-Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Recipe-Formula

Anyone have a good Recipe-Formula for making the look of wet blood even though its dry? Yeah I know there are places selling it but 5 gallons is from 550-600 bucks and we use 15 or 20 gallons each year and this is getting to be a waste of money. Anyone got a tip? And I am not big on red paint! Again I want a wet to the look but dry to the touch look? Shane and its look out Larry! Shane this time if I don't find blood!!!
    sigpic

Shane,

we have the best blood around. Yeah, it costs $550 a 5 gallon bucket, but you get what you pay for. You won't be dissapointed. Ask anyone who uses it. Ask Larry...he goes through MANY 5 gallon buckets a year in his haunts and hgaunts he builds.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Comment

I mix red latex paint with a flexible acrylic varnish.
      Kevin
      MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

There is alot of real blood, sweat and fears in my haunt, all mine!
        I make fun of the bloody displays with a sign, "Sticky Red Stuff, Don't Touch!"
        One time a young woman went through here during a very busy October weekend night who had just had some kind of an operation and she bled all over one area of the tour and people remarked about how "real" that blood looked!
        "If you think it looks real, wait itl you taste it!"
        (All I know is the operation she had was somewhere on her body between an area from her stomach to her knees.)
        How many people get right out the hospital after an operation and go to a haunted house?
        Just a wee bit strange.....Don't think she was a "dog" but I would have told her, "Heal! Heal!"
        Then come here.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ewww, Jim! It sounds like she may have had other issues going on. But Shane, Jim does make a lovely point. You could become an ambulance chaser, or else hire one.
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Jim, I'm so glad you chose this industry. You are safe here, my friend. :P
            Sarah Meier
            Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
            "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Shane, why are you against paint?

Depending on your clean-up needs, have you considered strawberry syrup or
              corn syrup mixed with chocolate syrup?

I think I saw that on a Rich Hanf video.

Sarah
              Sarah Meier
              Haunting Copy Copywriting Services
              "Words they remember you by"

Comment

Sarah

Baby I want a good blood! However I don't want to start raising ants lol! Honestly babe the red paint looks too fake and dries dull. But thanks for the offer! Shane and its Thank You Sarah Shane this time!
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Have a thought, but i have never tried it (will this year) - what if you mixed a shelac with paint? Anybody ever tried it?
                  Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Shane,

Just throwing it out there kind of like mindwerxkmg did , liquitex makes a flexiable varnish that you can buy in gloss or high gloss that is clear and you can buy by the gallon, then i would use maroon acrylic paint and some burnt umber paint (a couple drops works well) and add that to the varnish, here is the beauty of this mixture if done correctly you get a semi transparent blood that looks believable.

Just throwing it out there

Jason Blaszczak
                    SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Comment

OK, Shane. This thread appears to have just been started in another part of the forum and it seems like it may be something you're looking for:

http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ead.php?t=5657

I'm obviously no expert, but it is fake blood and wet stuff.

Actually trying to help.
                      Chris Riehl
                      Sales@spookyfinder.com
                      (586)209-6935
                      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                      X