Tips To Get your Haunt EXPOSED!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips To Get your Haunt EXPOSED!!!!

Tips for increasing your haunts exposure within the industry to make these lists...

You know what many of you might cast aside the importance of promoting your attraction within the industry as they don't pay your bills but you'd be dead WRONG!

By promoting your attraction within the industry you gain a higher awareness...you never know who watches, reads and views these posts, a hauntworld magazine, does a search on Yahoo or something and finds those links to articles about your event within this industry.

How do you think Travel Channel picks the attractions they feature... they see this site, they use this site and look around just like many other people who are doing stories, shows and more.

In fact you NEVER know when one guy who reads this forums, subscribes to the magazine or buys the videos knows someone else who asks one guy if he knows good attractions, or something and one thing leads to another and whamo...

ALso the net is like a disease...you post something in one place, or place your videos on you tube and next thing you know it ends up on another site, another blog, and BAM someone reads it and calls you.

Many people in this industry READ THESE FORUMS but never promote their events, they don't show you what they are up to, they don't submit footage for our hauntworld videos, if they upload a video to youtube never tell you or anyone...hence NO ONE KNOWS MUCH ABOUT THEM, HENCE they never get covered.

Take The Beast in Kansas City...they live in a bottle, have you ever seen them on TV or a national story??? NO YOU HAVE NOT...they do NOT SHARE info, media or anything therefore no one talks about them.

THE MORE YOU SHARE, the MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT YOU...

Don't kick me because NO ONE IN THE INDUSTRY KNOWS ENOUGH about you that is your fault...

WRITE ARTICLES, POST VIDEOS AND UPDATES, KEEP PEOPLE INFORMED ABOUT WHAT YOU DO AND WHO YOU ARE...

Don't come out of your shell at the last minute...come out now and see the sunshine!

Trust me it works wonders!

Next time I do a video submit footage, next time you post photos let people know, the next time you upload something to youtube POST IT! How can anyone vote for you or tell a television producer they know to cover you when they don't know enough about you? You tell me! This day and age you have to get your head above sand if you want to be on television shows, national articles, and all that comes with it.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I couldn't agree more about the "disease"

We've been adding a considerable amount of information and general stuff to both our blog ( http://scarehouse.typepad.com ) and YouTube page this year ( http://www.youtube.com/thescarehouse ) ... and I'm finding that the images and information are spreading all across the ol' interwebs.

It can be exhausting to keep up with all of this online PR, especially with 3 Myspace pages (one for scarehouse and 2 character-based ones) but so far it has definitely led to significant boosts in ticket sales, web traffic, and awareness of our event.

Sleep, however, has been severly limited this summer ...

Scott Simmons
    The ScareHouse / Undead Productions Inc.

http://www.scarehouse.com
    http://youtube.com/thescarehouse

Comment

I agree.

I am absolutely flabbergasted at our placement on the top 13 list. I just found out today and was shocked as hell. To be listed among these fine attractions that I look up to is a real honor not to be taken lightly. I probably won't post again until December because I will be either sleeping in that new giant skull we built or passed out from working as hard as I can to make this the most insane year to date. This is every home haunter's dream, that even with limited recourses and man power an awesome haunt can be achieved and recognized by the industry. This is a true team effort by all who are involved in Haunted Overload and I could never thank all of them enough.

Special thanks goes to Tim Bickford for the video that allowed us to be nominated in the first place. We are hard at work on a new video project unlike anything I have seen before. It will be extremely entertaining if nothing else. It's almost as much work as the haunt itself. When finished it will bring tons of buzz, awareness and entertainment value to our event which is what this thread is all about. I would also like to thank Dan and Sue Plumpton from Artifact Images who take mind-blowing photos for me of the haunt and props. I have included some they took of a few tiki torch heads I made below. The photos take on a life of their own.

The web is the best advertising next to word of mouth you can get. I get e mails from people saying they found out about us from this site or that site I have never heard of but it really works just by posting videos or cool photos. Thanks to everyone that voted for us and have a great season!

Eric
      www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Someday....

A lot of professional scary people will be very upset when it is discovered many of those haunt videos of the group of 14 yr. old girls all screaming were actually made in the city park by the pervert that exposed himself to them.
        Look closely, see that shadow puppet?
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Please, sticky this thread! -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
          X