I am very upset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very upset

Fay is coming our way today with flooding rains, but yesterday, some really nasty storms fired along a cold front and completely destroyed the plastic part of my haunt... It gets worse.... I WAS DONE WITH THE PLASTIC PART AND WORKED VERY HARD EVERY DAY TO GET IT DONE!!!!!!! We had 70 mph winds and blinding rains... Any suggestions would gladly be taken on how to get this stuff to stand better. Thanks a lot,

Zack
    INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Zack

Sorry to say theres not much you can do with plastic. Years ago when I started out doing a haunt for my local fire department we bought some black tarps and they worked great! One thing though it did seem a little early to hang plastic outside when you got well over a month to go. Anyway good luck! Shane
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about your haunt Zack. When I used to build my garage haunt's I used black plastic as well. I just used black duct tape and steel wire hung overhead for the walls. It held up pretty good even tho it was only up for 2 nights that I was open. I wish you the best of luck to get everything back up in time before you open.
      ~Bill Mlinac
      The Deadland Haunted House
      www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
      www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

shredman,
        Sorry to hear about that! I can relate...last year (our first) we did our haunt behind the local fire dept. in their pavilion and built a perimeter wall. Well after that we started the back corner and got the back 1/4-1/2 of the walls in and were going to brace them when all of a sudden a tornado hit a few miles away and the torrential downpour came out of nowhere. Well the winds were so heavy the rain was sideways. We ran inside the perimeter...then thought we better get out of this, so we went to the stage of the pavilion and stood there...then watched the wind lift our one side (unbraced) lift up and crash into the other side of the braced stuff...this all happened in less than 3 minutes...then nice weather. So we looked at each other and decided to push on...
        The braced stuff stood strong withholding the impact. But we had to redo the rest...then once we put up our black plastic we had to reattach and redo the roof/walls in some areas most nights because of the hard winds we had last year...ugh!

Feeling your pain...

Kirk
        Kirk Boemmel
        Dark Ghost Manor
        www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

The best way to make black plastic withstand winds...is to wrap it over 2 by4s that have plywood covering them.
          Pull the edges around the corner, use big staples through some other material to spread out the "Yank" Factor, folded thin strips of cardboard will work, slippery cardboard from a frozen pizza box will shed water longer too.
          After you have built some walls or whatever for a while, step back and think like you are the wind, do you see the place resembling an airplane wing or a race car spoiler? Which way is the lift factor operating ? Making "Lift" or pushing downward?
          Yes you are now an aeronautical engineer!
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We screwed 2x4s to the fence post and then put the plastic up, then ran a furing strip down the 2x4s. Worked very well but, nothing you could have down would have stood up to 70 mile an hour winds.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Your probably right, but sometimes if you cut little halk circle crescents to let *wind pass you will be doing your self a favor. Afterword, you can re-seal these with , what else, DUCT TAPE!!!!!

*-Insert gas joke here..,
              Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Working...
              X