Outdoor Maze HELP PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Maze HELP PLEASE!

I'm trying to build a maze OUTSIDE with visqueen (black plastic). The visqueen is 10 foot high but I need help figuring out how to make these "walls" structurally. Do I just need to use large wood stakes and drive them in the ground and then maybe nail or zip tie them? Maybe rebar?

How do I keep the black plastic up! Surely, someone's done this before Help!

Stakes are for the barbeque grill! You will still need either lumber or PVC pipe frames for the wall supports, then small stakes to the ground all screwed together. The other way is posts in the ground with wire strung from post to post. Then the black plastic is draped over the top of this with black or grey duct tape holding the seams together.
    Last edited by Greg Chrise; 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

You may want to check with your local building inspector and fire marshall first. I know in our area, black plastic of just about any type is a huge no-no. It would surely suck to put it all up and then find out it has to come down.
      -Brandon Kelm
      Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree about Plastic (No -No - NO)

But when we drape Camo Netting we utilize $100 10x10 Tents from Wal-Mart and 2x4's w/ Cable and ratchet system.

If you have trees or poles nearby - utilize a cable and ratchet to tighten. Drape the material (notice I did not say the "P" word)

Feel free to toss me an e-mail if you want more detail

todd@connooga.com

Todd
        www.HauntedCavern.com
        www.ConNooga.com
        www.FEARCONNECTION.com

Comment

outdoor maze

What is you budget -are you you doing this for friends and TOT's or as a pro haunt -I can't remember if it was Randy Daniels or Cliff Martin but one of them had pics of a haunt where they had canvas over a frame of conduit or emt and had it stuck in the ground - looked expensive (vs. not cheaply done or halfassed ) and labor intensive but it met local codes .
          Aven

Comment

thanks for all the responses. im helping with a charity haunt so yes it is kinda professional but at the same time-kinda not. it's only open 5 nights so it's by no means a large event. just something fun for the community and a fundraiser for a local group.

Comment

Working...
            X